57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We will just be forced to play second string sides in domestic cup competitions, further damaging the reputation of them. 

There's no way we play full lineups in the FA Cup or League Cup because of this. 

Probably correct. 

And therefore increases the likelihood of the ‘biggest club in the world’ winning zero trophies again.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Was ON not meaning in regards to not wanting to get injured?

Yeah that's what I was meaning. They'll be even more mindful with what's just happened to Chilwell. I know it shouldn't affect things but you see what clubs are like the weeks leading up to an FA Cup Final not wanting to get injured or suspended.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Pep on why we are where we are:

He said: “Because they have incredible physicality to the way they play and they are playing one game a week, they are not playing in Europe and when this happens that’s a big advantage when you arrive in the last months with energy. They have incredible energy and imagine how they are after one week.

“They have a good manager, top class players, they have experienced ones, physicality in the middle, box to box transitions, the way they make the intensity without the ball is so impressive, they press high and they go with real rhythm and I imagine they are going to stay there for a long time.”

:smitten:

Edited by PauloGeordio

10 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

We could realistically be third and 5 points off first by then end of tomorrow. 

Wait what? Teams don’t lose points. :lol: 

Maybe on Sunday?

Edited by cubaricho

42 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Pep on why we are where we are:

He said: “Because they have incredible physicality to the way they play and they are playing one game a week, they are not playing in Europe and when this happens that’s a big advantage when you arrive in the last months with energy. They have incredible energy and imagine how they are after one week.

“They have a good manager, top class players, they have experienced ones, physicality in the middle, box to box transitions, the way they make the intensity without the ball is so impressive, they press high and they go with real rhythm and I imagine they are going to stay there for a long time.”

:smitten:

Nice to see one of Howe's contemporaries giving some credit to the manager rather than whinging about unfair financial advantages and gamesmanship.

48 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nice to see one of Howe's contemporaries giving some credit to the manager rather than whinging about unfair financial advantages and gamesmanship.

I think they realise how many other teams have spent more and aren’t doing as well.

36 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think they realise how many other teams have spent more and aren’t doing as well.

That's why I couldn't care less if anyone argues that we 'bought' our success. Aside from the obvious that any successful team spends money to do so, they're probably the same people who were shouting that we 'shouldn't expect to win the league as money doesn't buy success/they're just throwing money around without a plan'. Of course that's forgotten now that the signs for our future are positive.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

I mean it would be the most blatant case of pot calling the kettle black of all time, but anyway :lol:

Only clinging to joint best defence in the league. I think we might be coming undone.

Seriously, though this is surreal. Are we guaranteed to be in the top 4 going in to the World Cup? That could be huge come January depending on our plans to strengthen.

Draw in this next match please. Surreal to be even thinking about others dropping points. If Tottenham don't win then we'll be third after this game week, if they do win, then Liverpool will be ELEVEN points behind. Crazy times.

Can take positives out of any result to be honest.

I’ll be fucking gutted with anything less than 6th now. Close to even 5th being a bit of a kick in the teeth. Guaranteed to be 4th at least at Christmas now, and the opportunity to really fast track things with a couple additions in Jan. Giddy.