Leicester City 0-3 Newcastle United (26/12/2022)

BlueStar

A few random thoughts

Botman still doesn't know what it feels like to lose a competitive game in our colours, just an incredible signing for such a young lad.

I wouldn't swap Bruno for any other midfielder in the Prem (or world - delete as appropriate). The celebration from winning a tackle sums up his attitude, no need to mention his ability.

Eddie speaks so well.

If we can add more quality in January we could be about to witness something incredible. Well, we already are tbh.

Our press is just so so good. Leicester had to play it back time after time or lose the ball.

And we have Wilson and Isak to add to this, Maxi not starting also. Hard to comprehend what's happening here.

Edited by Sean

I remember when we lost 0-3 at home to Leicester almost two years ago to the day; how grim it was, how dead of a footballing institution we were and how many lightyears Leicester were ahead of us. But look at us now, 2nd in the league, thinking about poaching one of Leicester's best players in the near future and talking about the top 4.

Fuck me.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

A few random thoughts

Botman still doesn't know what it feels like to lose a competitive game in our colours, just an incredible signing for such a young lad.

I wouldn't swap Bruno for any other midfielder in the Prem (or world - delete as appropriate). The celebration from winning a tackle sums up his attitude, no need to mention his ability.

Eddie speaks so well.

If we can add more quality in January we could be about to witness something incredible. Well, we already are tbh.

Our press is just so so good. Leicester had to play it back time after time or lose the ball.

And we have Wilson and Isak to add to this, Maxi not starting also. Hard to comprehend what's happening here.

Absolutely.

I feel injuries are the key to our season from here on in. Teams know how we'll set up but have a hard time figuring it out. When Leicester won the league it was the same sort of thing, but they had their best players fit pretty much all season, while rivals all had a relatively poor year and the stars aligned. We're fighting for top 4 and we need to keep our big hitters fit. Do that and anything's possible. Wilson, Maxi and Isak to come into this team and if we can keep the big guns fit, there's firepower there.