Leicester City 0-3 Newcastle United (26/12/2022)

BlueStar

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Class watching the post match interviews and seeing Shay proper giddy with excitement :lol:

Definitely one of the day's little highlights. It would be class to see anyone reflecting that enthusiasm about Newcastle but I'm particularly thrilled that Shay is such a big fan. 

While the Newcastle manager was more restrained in his briefing with the written media, his Leicester counterpart believes there is no reason why they cannot compete for the title. “Absolutely,” Rodgers said. “Having watched them through this season, and today, obviously they have got that hunger to be there, with a point to prove. Making a good start gives you the belief you can stay there. They’ve signed top players … and got some great results.

“There’s no reason why they can’t be [involved in the title discussion] and if they can make the right additions in January, so they have cover for certain players, and keep players fit, then with the fanatical fanbase up there, they can have a great chance.”

Brenda desperate for a job up here

Edited by joeyt

If anyone fancies a laugh, read the post match thread on Leicester’s forum.

We didn’t break a sweat and beat them 0-3, but we’re not a good side and the only player of ours they would have is Nick Pope. Weird people down in the Midlands. 

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Predicted 0-2 before KO. A lot of people forgot how good we are. 

I'm still not used to it. Still don't fully believe. I'm still waiting for that moment the food appears and I remember how to fly. 

robin williams film GIF

Edited by Dokko

Just now, Danh1 said:

We didn’t break a sweat and beat them 0-3, but we’re not a good side and the only player of ours they would have is Nick Pope. Weird people down in the Midlands. 

Oh, and Joelinton is no better than Steve Howard apparently.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Linky then.

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

In what world is that even remotely close to a penalty ffs [emoji38]

Either a) they needed some sort of moment of "debate" to drag out the halftime discussion or b) they think there is some sort of invisible forcefield that caused the ball to rebound back onto Daka as opposed to Pope having blocked it.

Either is thick as mince.

35 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Very arrogant fanbase generally (tbf that's quite typical of online fans but also know a couple irl and they're not that different tbh). Watching the Tyneside Life matchday video from April, a few twats from down there in that.

They've had great relative success in the past 6-7 years but did basically fuck all for a century before that and act like they've always been a top 5 side. Poxy city an all. I was happy for them and their title success but their entitled happy clapper fans can fuck off.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Class watching the post match interviews and seeing Shay proper giddy with excitement :lol:

Given not even trying to hold back his bias wag great like. I would have absolutely hated it if I was a Leicester supporter [emoji38]

Said during the game he was orchestrating the fans at one point. 

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Amazing how often opposition fans say we're not a great side and they played poorly / we were lucky.

Nothing to do with us being a nightmare to play against and ruthless as fuck of course.

11 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Amazing how often opposition fans say we're not a great side and they played poorly / we were lucky.

Nothing to do with us being a nightmare to play against and ruthless as fuck of course.

The penny will drop in time, that it's not all about money, in fact very little of it is. We're only just catching up on spending after 15 years of spending nowt ffs. I hate this type of argument, totally tries to negate the stunning work done on the training ground by EH. Like we're the only club spending, every club spends money ffs. West Ham have spent 150m to be bottom 4. Great argument for spending that is.

My favorite comment in that thread was "They think they're Man City". Fuck me man...first off, we couldn't be further from them in the way we're trying to do things, last club i'd want to be compared with. Second, if we're taking that stupid ill-informed comment at face value, what exactly were Man City before Abu Dhabi came along and spent a billion quid on financing them?

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Was looking at my Twitter feed this morning and there was an update saying the score was 0-3 so my years of learned experience being what it is, I just assumed we were three-nil down. But no, apparently casual 3-0 away wins is a thing that we do now.

Fuck, I’ve got to just bite the bullet and start watching again don’t I. Can’t come back next year when we’re in the Champions League and be a disgusting glory chaser.

Edited by oldtype