The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Not sure why people turn their nose up at conference. It's a winnable trophy where you don't even need to play a strong team until later on. Would be ideal for the likes of Miley if he doesn't go on loan. 

Yup, it's just about the perfect competition for the state of our current squad.

1 minute ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Same, don't think playing in the conference league will attract many players

This season the group stages was made up of

We got Bruno, Isak and Trippier with nothing. 

Would love Conference. Trophy looks class, more games to watch, and the way Roma and West Ham celebrated it shows how much they care. 

Conference doesn't interest me at all, would rather focus on the domestic cups and have a tilt at top four than fucking about in places like Albania

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If we go into the ECL, do we go straight into groups or is there a qualifying round?

Qualifier for Conference League, straight into Group Stage for Europa League 

The monotony of the top 6 has been broken. We've played a significant part in that and we're still in the early stages of our development. 

Ask anyone 2 years ago if they'd have taken Confernece and the resounding answer would have been yes. 

Nothings changed for me, actuslly very happy with how this season had gone all things considered.

We're perfectly on course. 

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Absolutely gutted to lose out to Chelsea tbh.

They've spent a billion quid to strengthen an already strong squad, it was bound to click for them eventually. It's a 38 game season and if they finish with more points than us then we have no reason to argue about it. They've had a brilliant 4 or 5 months worth of results to balance out their shit start 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Conference doesn't interest me at all, would rather focus on the domestic cups and have a tilt at top four than fucking about in places like Albania

I used to think this but Conference league is still technically Europe and even mickey mouse European football is still a great platform to attract younger talent and somewhat convince our best players that qualifying for Europe two seasons in a row is progress.

Also, another shot at a trophy. If our best players aren't happy with conference I somehow doubt they'd be happy with 8th in terms of project sold to them.

Personally think we'll beat Brentford and make it. Hope City don't have a shit FA cup final.

Edited by Amir_9

Think it's a big ask to get a win against the Stoke City of Chiswick. Draw I can see, maybe that's enough. Hard to see the positives of ECL when we had 6th firmly in our grasp, but I'm desperate for European football, so yeah. Let's get it.

16 minutes ago, Aiston said:

It was in our hands and now it isn't.

Bottled that.

I don't think we bottled it particularly, our away form has been ropey for a while.

Job's fucked
Chelsea have a team full of kids by the way, Madueke was still raw and not first choice for PSV, Mudryk had 20 good games in Ukrainian league. Defence is made up of average defenders that are never going to get a game for France.
Let's not pretend the billion makes them world beaters, we should be ahead of them

2 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I used to think this but Conference league is still technically Europe and even mickey mouse European football is still a great platform to attract younger talent and somewhat convince our best players that qualifying for Europe two seasons in a row is progress.

Also, another shot at a trophy. If our best players aren't happy with conference I somehow doubt they'd be happy with 8th in terms of project sold to them.

Personally think we'll beat Brentford and make it. Hope City don't have a shit FA cup final.

I’m not sure re. 2nd paragraph. Isak, Bruno can’t be happy at a club finishing 7th / 8th. Sorry to be so negative. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think we bottled it particularly, our away form has been ropey for a while.

It’s been tragic all season, call a spade.

Disagree with ECL not being worth it. It's European football which is inherently a step in the right direction, and it's a trophy that we could damn well win if we're not hobbled by insane numbers of injuries never season 

21 minutes ago, Aiston said:

It was in our hands and now it isn't.

Bottled that.

You thought we lacked courage/were afraid? 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You thought we lacked courage/were afraid? 

I don’t see how some think we bottled it. Some think we have the right to beat Man U at the waterfall. They aren’t shite. We played well tonight and didn’t get that penalty. We put up a good fight. I seem to not see what other see because I thought we done well. 

52 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Villa did it. 

True, a lot depends on the summer transfer window I imagine.

9 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I don’t see how some think we bottled it. Some think we have the right to beat Man U at the waterfall. They aren’t shite. We played well tonight and didn’t get that penalty. We put up a good fight. I seem to not see what other see because I thought we done well. 

I thought we fought hard enough, just didn't have enough quality on the ball in some areas of the pitch. They had a bit more and that's what counted in the end.

46 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Fucking about in places like Albania not only gives us another year of Howe learning to balance the extra competition but also a coefficient boost that takes us one step further away from the absolute stitch up of a group we got dropped in this season. 

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Fucking about in places like Albania not only gives us another year of Howe learning to balance the extra competition but also a coefficient boost that takes us one step further away from the absolute stitch up of a group we got dropped in this season. 

Excellent point. #MagsBagsAlbanianslags