The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Just win our remaining home games and we're fine. Nowt to worry about.

Arsenal and Brighton are arguably the hardest 2 home games we could ask for apart from city.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal and Brighton are arguably the hardest 2 home games we could ask for apart from city.

Newcastle away is definitely one of the hardest games Arsenal and Brighton could ask for, apart from City 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We have Leicester at home and Leeds away who are shite. We've also lost once at home all season where we were 2 down and down to 10 men in 20 minutes yet the opposition's goalkeeper won man of the match.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

We have Leicester at home and Leeds away who are shite. We've also lost once at home all season where we were 2 down and down to 10 men in 20 minutes yet the opposition's goalkeeper won man of the match.

I’m not disagreeing I was just replying to the post about winning 2 out of 3 home games. Despite our brilliant home form Arsenal and Brighton are 2 of the 3 hardest opponents to play against imo.

14 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Even if Liverpool win all remaining games, we still only need 2 wins and a draw, if my Steiner maths is correct, to secure top 4. I'm still confident.

We got more than a 33 and a third per cent chance I reckon

I don't care what Liverpool do, it's not on their hands. We just need to not implode, and given everything we've seen about the team since Howe came in, we'll not implode. Let Liverpool win all their games, it won't matter.

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Newcastle is arguably the hardest away game those two could ask for apart from City.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

If it was just that it wouldn't be bed wetting.

Haven't looked back at all the posts admittedly and only caught the tail end but haven't seen anybody say we were going to collapse.

Drawing with Arsenal and Brighton e.g. would be about par for the season rather than collapse, one's been a bit better, one's been a bit worse and its all predicated on Liverpool winning all their games, which they're probably more likely to do than not by the looks of it.

People are just different. Folks over confidence can make others nervous and peoples caution can agitate others.

It'd be superb if Liverpool made our life a bit easier, but you're always made to work for positions at the top of the table.

We just need to focus on getting two more wins, which given our fixtures we've gone to pot if we don't.

7pts is a big ask, I know there's a good vibe right now and lots of 'on the brink' stuff but it's asking a lot. 

We definitely have a worse set of fixtures than Man U, Liverpool.

Just have to hope Leicester (a) or Villa (h) finally help us out. And that these 1-0 wins takes the requirement down to 6pts.

2 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Haven't looked back at all the posts admittedly and only caught the tail end but haven't seen anybody say we were going to collapse.

Drawing with Arsenal and Brighton e.g. would be about par for the season rather than collapse, one's been a bit better, one's been a bit worse and its all predicated on Liverpool winning all their games, which they're probably more likely to do than not by the looks of it.

People are just different. Folks over confidence can make others nervous and peoples caution can agitate others.

I'm still pretty bullish Liverpool will drop points. As Spurs and Villa have discovered, you tend to revert to the mean after a while.

If Liverpool getting nine points was the sole factor at play, I might be a bit more nervous though. But they have to get nine points AND hope that we don't get seven to displace us. We're 3rd, have won 8 out of 9 and have 7th, 11th, 16th and 17th to play.

I'm not taking for granted that there's work to do, I just have faith that we will do it. Naturally the longer it's prolonged, the more likely nervous are to kick in.