The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, The Prophet said:

Fucking hell, I hope our lads have a bit more composure than our fans.

Liverpool play twice before we play Arsenal next week. I hope a few have stocked up on adult nappies.

They play three times, all at home

People expecting Liverpool to steamroller the rest of their games just need to look at their form this season and how inconsistent it is, and then look at the games they've played over the last few days, as they've looked really shaky at the back, and been lucky to beat a poor Forest and West Ham side. Its possible they go on a 9 game winning streak, but the odds of it are very low, even with "Favorable" games.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Point is, it's nowt like worrying about Reading. :lol: They could very realistically win all of their remaining matches.

And we should be winning 4 of our last 7 fixtures at least. We do that and it doesn't matter what they do.

4 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Not a chance. They’ll be lucky to drop points in one game never mind 2 or 3.

They have Spurs, Fulham and Brentford in 6 days before we play Arsenal at home. 

Can’t lie I’m fucking terrified of them. 

I get what you're saying but before that Arsenal home game we'll have had a shot at Everton and Southampton and still have a game in hand even after Arsenal. :lol:

I know it's easy to say but honestly, I imagine I'll be at peace pretty quickly if we get pipped to the CL now because that means we've massively fucked up. We should in no way be relying on any other team fucking up at this point.

Call me naive but I still don't believe Liverpool will come anywhere close to winning all remaining games, or even remaining unbeaten. They've not shown evidence of it all season.

Yeah, was just going to say the same as samp. Shame Liverpool didn't drop points as that was one of their hardest remaining games, but Brighton losing is a big advantage. We knew we had a 9 point gap on Liverpool, which is now 6 with a game in hand, but if you just went by pure league record-wise / PPG Brighton were in a stronger position than Lpool, and were slightly shorter odds to make top 4 at the start of the day (than Lpool), but that's almost them out of the equation now. We know that 4 wins and a draw will definitely do it for us, possibly 4 wins, and less with any points Liverpool drop.

Arsenal and Brighton (H) have probably become more manageable after tonight's results as well, Brighton far less likely to be a shootout now, win only one of those, beat Leicester and Saints at home, and then one of Everton and Leeds away, and it'll probably be all wrapped up going into the final day, and 4 wins from those 6 is surely manageable?

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Am I the only one who fancies Man Utd to drop points in their next 2 and spurs to get something at Anfield ?

Man U might drop points, but I've never counted Liverpool out, they have always been capable of reeling off 7 or 8 game winning streaks, especially with the forwards they've got. Said it earlier today as well. We really need to just do the business ourselves and not rely on other teams or other refs to help us out.

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Where are you getting Liverpool dropping points like?

Villa and Brentford are tough games like, I know they're at home for them, but they'll not be easy, Fulham could be tricky too.

If they can win 6 in a row, we can win 4 out of 7.

Their season so far says they will drop points randomly. 7 - 0 vs Man U followed by a 1 - 0 loss to Bournemouth.

Our season so far says we're very very hard to beat.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

We win our next 2 we are 12 points clear of them before they kick off against spurs. That would be massive.

Yep. We need to do this ourselves, take it out of everyone's hands.

It’s still Liverpool they have so much quality. They can win all of their remaining games. Defensively they do look like conceding so can drop points but I’m only expecting them to drop 2 points.  

I do expect us to win 4 games though. So we should be good. 

4 points from the next 2 at a minimum.  

I know they won both. So it’s a bit irrelevant now. But everyone worrying about Liverpool. When they’ve just relied heavily on two VAR decisions to beat West Ham and should have conceded late to drop 2 points against Forest. 

I know they have players coming back and have been in this position before in previous years. But I’m struggling to see, based on this season. When they have ever looked like stringing a load of results together and consistently performing well. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

It’s still Liverpool they have so much quality. They can win all of their remaining games. Defensively they do look like conceding so can drop points but I’m only expecting them to drop 2 points.  

I do expect us to win 4 games though. So we should be good. 

4 points from the next 2 at a minimum.  

You’ve changed your tune 🙂 You said they were done and we will be fine 🤣

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I know they won both. So it’s a bit irrelevant now. But everyone worrying about Liverpool. When they’ve just relied heavily on two VAR decisions to beat West Ham and should have conceded late to drop 2 points against Forest. 

I know they have players coming back and have been in this position before in previous years. But I’m struggling to see, based on this season. When they have ever looked like stringing a load of results together and consistently performing well. 

Won 3 on the bounce. Unbeaten in 5. 

But anyway. We’ll get 72+ points. 

21 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

They do also play Villa second last. They have very winnable games coming up for they were hardly conniving against Forest at the weekend. True they’re building some form but we’ll need to implode between now and the end of the season.

Man Utd aren’t safe yet either though. 

The biggest Problem I see is teams coming to SJP now will see how we convincingly beat Man U and demolished spurs so they’ll sit deep and defend - Looking for the point. That’s caused us problems in the past with us only getting draws.

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Agree with @timeEd32

We should get 11 points at a minimum. Any less and we've absolutely bottled it or suffered key injuries. The only way that isn't good enough for CL is perfection or near perfection from Liverpool, Spurs or Brighton. The only medium risk is us getting the minimum points and Liverpool being perfect.

I keep saying it, we'll get 73-74 points and it will be comfy.

I said this today. @LFEE

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

The biggest Problem I see is teams coming to SJP now will see how we convincingly beat Man U and demolished spurs so they’ll sit deep and defend - Looking for the point. That’s caused us problems in the past with us only getting draws.

When teams were doing that we were without ASM and Isak for the most part. The former should be back for Sunday, I believe.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I wouldn’t worry to much, Southampton just aren’t capable of playing that way. Arsenal and Brighton definitely won’t play like that. Leicester don’t have the players to do it either.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Fortunately Southampton need to win. Arsenal need to win.  Brighton don’t do that. Perhaps Leicester might try but they can’t defend and haven’t kept a clean sheet all calendar year. 

Edited by The College Dropout