The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Looking at spurs fixtures. Could easily see them getting about 15 points. 

So I think that home game is must win. Keeps them at arm's length and even if we get less points in remaining fixtures it will be hard for them to overtake us. 

On paper our run in is tough. But need to forget that and the boys just need to have confidence in themselves and know that they are 3rd on merit and can beat anyone. 

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Next to games are bloody huge.

Villa have snuck up. Actually good chance they sneak into the top 4/5 mix. Big pressure for both teams next week and the week after. Next week will be super tough.

They are in amazing form, but they were too hamstrung at the start of the season to threaten the top 4, even if they beat us next week. From our perspective, we are 9 clear of them, with a game in hand, and a GD advantage which won't be overturned, unless they did beat us by 5 or 6. They obviously still have to play, and they will have to win, but they basically need 4 matches to overturn us, and they only have 8 left. It'll be hard for them to pass us even if they won 7 of their last 8 as we would just need 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws from our final 8.

Another win for them today, but ironically, in terms of top 4 (not that I think they'd have realistic hopes, their fans would have been, and will be, delighted with 6th or 7th considering where they were under SG) it's been a bad day for them. They have won their easiest match of the season, so doing what they, and pretty much everyone should in that fixture, whereas Newcastle have won at a team who had only lost once, to Arsenal, at home this season, and even Spurs won a match where they were surprisingly betting underdogs, so basically it's as you were, but another match gone.

Edited by Paullow

6 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Man Utd chipping away at our goal difference advantage. Worrying. 

I know you're joking but on a slightly related note I'm weirdly hung up on ending the season with the best defensive record in the league now. 5 clear of Man City and 6 of Arsenal. I'll be a little gutted if we don't manage it tbh. :lol:

Tottenham will be an absolutely massive game when it comes around. Given our respective fixtures in between (they're at home to Bournemouth), there'll be nothing in it, table-wise. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Tottenham will be an absolutely massive game when it comes around. Given our respective fixtures in between (they're at home to Bournemouth), there'll be nothing in it, table-wise. 

I’m expecting an amphitheater atmosphere and we just totally ride all over them :indi:IMG_8658.thumb.jpeg.30537d69ce8bd687f091d2fdbce6fdaa.jpeg

Edited by PauloGeordio

Beating Villa would leave them 12 points adrift, us with a game in hand and them only able to get 21 more points. Would effectively cut off everyone from 6th downwards from us.

Edited by Skeletor

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Beating Villa would leave them 12 points adrift, us with a game in hand and them only able to get 21 more points. Would effectively cut off everyone from 6th downwards from us.

anchorman will GIF

https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/29301792

Current top 4 odds. Villa are running out of games, poor GD, and many tough fixtures left. They're still 100/1 after todays results, Liverpool 7/1, Brighton 8/1, although Liverpool's odds will drift tomorrow if they lose to Arsenal.

Edit - Villa will come in a little bit if they do beat us especially as the bookies have us faves for that one (current match odds are AV 9/4 NU 5/4), but still far too much for them to do.

Edited by Paullow

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not worried about Villa tbh. They'd have to win 7 out of 8 to draw with us should we only manage to win 4 out of 9...that's not happening surely?

If they do storm their run-in then it would also mean they beat most of Brighton, Spurs, Liverpool, Brentford and Man U in the process, which obviously benefits us too. 

Lowest I can see us possibly finishing is 5th which would have been unthinkable in August. I'd say we're about 60-70% for top 4 and I think Spurs will wilt in the atmosphere in our game with them.