The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 hours ago, Paullow said:

Yeah, I'm not really worried about Lpool now after our win yesterday. Realistically too many points gap and not enough games left, even if they were to go on an amazing run. It's just the fact Brighton have the opportunity to close the gap, and have to play us, so it's more in their hands than it is Liverpool's, which is key at this stage of the season.

Less likely they will go on a huge run than Liverpool given their remaining fixtures and backlog, but still an opportunity for them, and some of their big matches could come at the right time for them.

I'd still sooner Liverpool drop a couple of points sooner rather than later though. Last think we want is them winning 5 in a row, going 5th and sniffing blood. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd still sooner Liverpool drop a couple of points sooner rather than later though. Last think we want is them winning 5 in a row, going 5th and sniffing blood. 

Yeah, would really like them to drop at least two points this week. Villa aside it only gets easier for them after that.

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

True, if we had a repeat of Everton away last season, and Southampton matched their Arsenal performance then we could get like 1 point from the next 2, and if Liverpool won both then that 9 point suddenly becomes 4, GD advantage narrows, with a few tricky games to come, but as it is, I'm pretty relaxed with that 9 point gap with only 7 for both of us to play.

It's funny how it works, but after Villa only drew, and we won (a potentially difficult match) to extend that to 8 points with a game in hand and an insurmountable GD advantage, rather than them beating Brentford and us losing to Spurs and possibly only being 3 points clear and breathing down our necks, I think I'd probably want them to beat Fulham tomorrow to keep them very much interested in Europa and in form ahead of their matches against Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd and Brighton as them getting a couple of wins and a couple of draws in those matches would actually be great for us.

Edited by Paullow

6 hours ago, Ikon said:

Doesn't work quite as easy as that :lol: Some decisions against us will have helped us gain points in other matches in a way. Coming back after unfair results and all that. Plus i'm sure we have got some decisions lucky too.

The only one I’m still salty about is that first Liverpool win. Fuck those cunts. :lol: 

Villa are in that space we were towards the end of last season. they just want to finish the season strongly. Europe is a motivator but even without it, they would want to finish on a high and carry momentum into next season. They are ambitious as well so players know they're being assessed for improvements.

20 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

The only one I’m still salty about is that first Liverpool win. Fuck those cunts. :lol: 

They also got to play us twice without Bruno. I'd love to do even half of what we did yesterday to them sometime.

First match was pure robbery, nothing more than that. Was our 3 points and it ended up being 0. 

The second match was our own doing and they played us in our worst possible time. 

I think City will nip the title from Arsenal (and I'll lose my bloody bet in Vegas!) and it'll be a dogfight for 3 and 4 between us and Man United, potentially going down to the final match of the season. I think Liverpool, Brighton and Villa will be fighting for 5-6 and Spurs will fall down a bit. The Stellini departure makes it interesting, would like to see them slow down a few of the teams around us a bit! 

Just now, Rich said:

We wanting a Spurs win on Thursday?

Man Utd’s fixtures suddenly look rotten.

Ideal scenario IMO is two draws to end the week. Four points dropped for them, two for Man United, and two for Liverpool. Spurs winning one of them would also be fine.

Aye, very hard to see Spurs rattling off a really good run so if they could take some points off Man U and/or Liverpool this week that would be great.

Man United have four very favourable fixtures to close the season and should have enough to get the job done but their next four are really tough and could put them under some pressure going into them.

Do think at least one of Liverpool or Brighton will finish strong so any slip by either us or Man United could be costly.

16 minutes ago, LV said:

I hope he spills his tea all over his crotch too. 

And his toast goes cold. 

Crumbs right in the bits between the sofa, and he sticks his hand down there one day a month from now and goes "ah rank". The cunt.

8 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Often mess about with this PL predictor - https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/ 

Just tried a realistically pessimistic run through. 'Realistically pessimistic' as in not losing every game, but drawing the Everton, Brighton, & Leeds games, getting beat by Arsenal & Chelsea. On that run through I had us missing out on top 4 by 3 points to Liverpool. who I think may actually be our biggest threat. This relies on us dropping off, and Liverpool finding their form from last season at just the right time and beasting the remaining games of the season. Think it's way more likely we beat either/both Everton and Leeds, and get something from Arsenal and Chelsea and comfortably make the top 4. But it's not full on done yet. 

1454871999_Screenshot2023-04-25at00_06_34.thumb.png.4224d89e346a4ad05740314c2a92128c.png

full house whatever GIF

9 hours ago, Slim said:

It's looking likely that he misses Thursday. It will be the first time in his entire career that he has missed a game through a physical injury (he has only missed two games his whole career through illness).

Super bad news for us if he's out for any period of time whatsoever. We're half the team without him.