The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Funny to think that before the weekend plenty of us were looking at Spurs as the main threat - now suddenly we want them to get a result in their next game!  :)

I'm not nervous at this point tbh - just thinking out loud more than owt else.  I don't see how we conspire to blow this - we'd need to go on a Steve Bruce-esque losing streak

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, they are more than capable of winning the rest of their games. For those who haven't seen, Liverpool's remain games:

Spurs (H)

Fulham (H)

Brentford (H)

Leicester (A)

Villa (H)

Southampton (A)

Villa and brentford might do us a favour, both in good form…

Liverpool are strong at Anfield but the teams they face are decent (Spurs atm aside).

Away games are against dross. Southamton likely to be already relegated. But Leceister will likely need the points. They can't defend though.

They could win all of these and we'l still finish above them. 72+ let's get it.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

4 of our last 6 games are at home and on current form I'd fancy us to beat anyone at home.

This. Out of our games you would say there is possibly 3 games where a win is not guaranteed. Instead of a defeat in all of those though, I’d say a win, a draw, and loss in those 3 fixtures is what I would expect. We may also lose or draw one of the ones you think we’d be banker win, but overall we would have enough points.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This may look dumb in a few hours, but I'm feeling pretty confident that we embarrassed Spurs so badly that we're going to see a positive reaction out of them in the next two games.

Same. Would be very surprised if there wasn't some sort of reaction from them tonight. Even if that means they manage to take a point, which would actually be ideal for us. 

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

You could argue Brighton have been much more consistent than Liverpool.

I'm just pointing out the worst case scenario which some seem to absolutely revel in. 

In both scenarios we need fluff our lines regardless of anyone else's form.

Brighton aren't Liverpool. I have never really been that worried by Brighton even when they were on a great run. They don't have the pedigree or the squad that Liverpool do. Or the refs for that matter.

16 hours ago, Stottie said:

I do not fear Liverpool, who are ropey at the back and ekeing out wins with set pieces.

If you do fear them, note that they will not catch our goal difference with the single goal wins they are having.

If Liverpool catch our points they'll have a better GD as they'll have won more of the remaining games.