The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

RTG gets rightful grief but I think some of the lot on RAWK are the least self-aware going. Myopic twats.

They'll get a similar takeover in the next couple of years, there'll be some faux-outrage for a bit then won't say a thing when they're spending £100m on players.

Liverpool fans are the biggest set of entitled cunts in football. 

Bar the odd flirtation under Rafa and Rodgers, they were pretty much a cup team my entire life. It’s only more recently under Klopp they’ve been seen as an elite side again. 

Fuck them.

I was thinking with the way this is going, would it be mental, or too soon to think the owners Howe and everyone behind the scenes might try and challenge for the title next season? I'm only thinking this,  because if I'm honest and like many others, we were settling for 7th after staying in the league last season, nobody really predicted it would be made to look as simple as its turning out, not getting ahead here, as I don't want the wheels to suddenly fall off like Arsenal, and injuries to key players could put a dent in things, but.... with big investment in the summer, because of CL qualification, I mean we'll have to now, does that then put us in the title race next season?

Will this thread become

The TitleRaceometer

Edited by mighty__mag

20 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I was thinking with the way this is going, would it be mental, or too soon to think the owners Howe and everyone behind the scenes might try and challenge for the title next season? I'm only thinking this,  because if I'm honest and like many others, we were settling for 7th after staying in the league last season, nobody really predicted it would be made to look as simple as its turning out, not getting ahead here, as I don't want the wheels to suddenly fall off like Arsenal, and injuries to key players could put a dent in things, but.... with big investment in the summer, because of CL qualification, I mean we'll have to now, does that then put us in the title race next season?

Will this thread become

The TitleRaceometer

I imagine we'd be setting ourselves up for a big letdown if we thought we could get the number of bodies in this summer that could gel in time to not only sustain a European challenge whilst being in Europe, but adding a title charge on top of that.

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If we qualify for CL this season I doubt the goal will be more than to repeat that next season considering the increased amount of games we'll be playing.

Top 5 get champions league next season as well so more chance of getting in again.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

If it's done for you, it's done for us. 

We just have other competitions to worry about still. If we can rest players against Fulham then we should be able to keep the defeat against City respectable.

Competition*

If we get into Europe then anything title-related is going to be very, very hard, but we should be allowed to dream! We're going to have to learn how to manage the squad and play with the extra games against some top quality opponents. Going for a domestic cup should still be a huge priority next season over probably anything else, for me.

Liverpool became the club they were because they bought all the best players in the 80’s. Even if we were doing that, which when you add the numbers up, we aren’t, they can hardly complain someone else is doing the same.

Is our team on paper a top 4 side, no, but that’s the fucking point. That’s down to both great management, and riding the wave of good form.

Like it or not everything we have done so far is something that the likes of Everton could have done, fuck it’s something us under Ashley could have done if he allowed us to spend our money and wanted to get a decent manager in over a fucking yes man who’s main job was to defend him in the media.

1.94 points per game this season. Continue that form for next six games (12 points from 18) and that is enough for third in 16 of the thirty Prem seasons and 4th in 26 of the thirty. Current leaders are on a 2.27 ppg season, which reflects a pretty average return for the Champions. 

So, we are playing in Europe next season, and four more wins pretty much guarantees it’ll be in the Champions League: 

Southampton H (won 4-1 away)

Arsenal H (drew 0-0 away)

Leeds A (drew 0-0 home)

Brighton H (drew 0-0 away)

Leicester H (won 3-0 away)

Chelsea A (won 1-0 home)

Seems doable. Can’t see us losing more than two. So win, instead of draw, the others and job done. 

5 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

1.94 points per game this season. Continue that form for next six games (12 points from 18) and that is enough for third in 16 of the thirty Prem seasons and 4th in 26 of the thirty. Current leaders are on a 2.27 ppg season, which reflects a pretty average return for the Champions. 

So, we are playing in Europe next season, and four more wins pretty much guarantees it’ll be in the Champions League: 

Southampton H (won 4-1 away)

Arsenal H (drew 0-0 away)

Leeds A (drew 0-0 home)

Brighton H (drew 0-0 away)

Leicester H (won 3-0 away)

Chelsea A (won 1-0 home)

Seems doable. Can’t see us losing more than two. So win, instead of draw, the others and job done. 

3 more wins and a draw absolutely confirms it. But it will be less if Liverpool mess up at all.

55 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If we qualify for CL this season I doubt the goal will be more than to repeat that next season considering the increased amount of games we'll be playing.

Aye. Same again in the league would be great.

In CM/FM if I overachieve with a team and qualify for CL. The aim is sign a few quality players, get out of the CL group and get another top 4 finish. That second season in the CL - the squad is usually strong enough to try and win it all.

Fantasy to reality hey?