The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Any form of European football next season after the circumstances we have found ourselves in is an achievement in itself at this point, and it’s possible. An ECL run could be a lot of fun.

Think the top 10 will be super tight. The top 3 should be locked, but after that anyone down to Chelsea could make CL with a good run. We are probably 50/50 to make top 7 and Europe, which would be an incredible achievement. Before the season I was expecting us to struggle a lot more, given Europe and squad depth, but Howe has really proven that last season was not a fluke.

Honestly, with us now being down to basically 1 game per week, you would expect the injuries to decrease and we will get players back. 

I can see us going on a really good run of form between now and the end of the season, who knows what will happen.

the teams above us will all take points off each other too - top 5 is unlikely but not out of the question.

Not sure what competition I'd rather be in. The CL is obviously the best competition and offers good money, but are we going to win it? Probably not, and it'll be more tough games midweek which I still don't think our squad will be strong enough for. I'd rather we didn't have a season like this one again with fatigue and injuries. The EL and Conference League though, we have a realistic chance of winning either and the opponents shouldn't be anything too difficult, certainly in the group stages. We could rotate massively for them, and the away trips and that would still be brilliant. Imagine us in the final of either of those next season? Magic.

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

Not sure what competition I'd rather be in. The CL is obviously the best competition and offers good money, but are we going to win it? Probably not, and it'll be more tough games midweek which I still don't think our squad will be strong enough for. I'd rather we didn't have a season like this one again with fatigue and injuries. The EL and Conference League though, we have a realistic chance of winning either and the opponents shouldn't be anything too difficult, certainly in the group stages. We could rotate massively for them, and the away trips and that would still be brilliant. Imagine us in the final of either of those next season? Magic.

Winning the UEFA Cup or Conference League would comfortably bring in the same money as the CL stage.  And a trophy, plus both competitions have some fantastic big teams and historic clubs from all over Europe.

I bastard love European football

Think at this stage we're looking 5th or 6th.This second half of the season we can be immense though, with a bit of luck. Just you watch. 

Edited by Heron

62 points got 6th last season and 61 7th

Our remaining home games..

Luton

Bournemouth

Wolves

West ham

Everton

Spurs

Sheff utd

Brighton

Probably need to be taking 18-20 points out of them if we want top 6

I think it's possible we'll still finish above Villa. Catching Spurs looks tough though, they don't have Europe and Maddison is back now.

Think we'll finish 5-6th, maybe lower if Man Utd or Chelsea go on a big run. Think it's a lock we'll end up above West Ham and Brighton considering their (hopefully long) European adventures. All this if we don't get any massive new injuries obviously, if we lose even more key players it'll only be top half.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, Decky said:

How much money did it offer us this season for those 6 games?

Of course I'd love to be back in it, but Europa would do me just as much, and I doubt there's much in it financially, unless you go far in the UCL.

KDB is back and Man City normally turn it on in the second half of the season. Arsenal are pretty solid and the next bests (West Ham, Brighton, Villa) should go deep in Europe too. Fifth might get CL after all.

We lead the league in xG, and are fourth in expected points, so the stats say we can go on a run. Maybe a bit of Callum Wilson supersub action like last season.

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

How much money did it offer us this season for those 6 games?

Of course I'd love to be back in it, but Europa would do me just as much, and I doubt there's much in it financially, unless you go far in the UCL.

Someone did the math in another thread - winning the Conference League gives you the same amount as making and getting knocked out of the Champions League group stage.

If (and it’s a big ‘if’), we can get some luck with injuries, and the fact that we don’t have those extra midweek games like most of the other top teams, I can see us flying again. 

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Man Utd being the only other team in the 5th-10th crowd to win this midweek has been a good outcome.

Our game, Brighton, and West Ham all went against how you'd expect. Great week.

If we could win 7 out of the next 10 before we play Spurs at home then we've a chance like. That's allowing for slip-ups at Arsenal and Chelsea and one other somewhere in the run. It'll be hard but there's only really 4 games between now and the end of the season where we wouldn't be favourites. Going to be relying on players coming back and staying fit.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we could win 7 out of the next 10 before we play Spurs at home then we've a chance like. That's allowing for slip-ups at Arsenal and Chelsea and one other somewhere in the run. It'll be hard but there's only really 4 games between now and the end of the season where we wouldn't be favourites. Going to be relying on players coming back and staying fit.

Been saying this for while, the run in for us is incredibly generous, but only in a scenario where we gather momentum and get injured players back.

It's weird how a week ago you look at Forest away and don't fancy it. [emoji38]

Play like we did at Villa for the rest of the season we will 100% jump a couple of places and that would be a content end to the season.

I'm like a broken record but I would've been content with Conference League at the start of the season and I still would be. But we still have more than a chance of exceeding that if Tuesday can be used as a springboard.

The lack of many midweek games will be huge. Even if we keep having injury setbacks, it should more often than not give Eddie time to rethink his plans and relay that to the players.

2.5/10

10 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Wilson excelled in the latter part of last season bagging most of his goals that saw him with his best goal scoring tally in a while. 

Clearly a fair weather bastard

On 31/01/2024 at 00:10, jack j said:

62 points got 6th last season and 61 7th

Our remaining home games..

Luton

Bournemouth

Wolves

West ham

Everton

Spurs

Sheff utd

Brighton