Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

The signing of (and persistence with) Wood is my only real issue with Howe, who’s otherwise done an incredible job. He’s the type of striker that we wouldn’t have gone near even in the Hughton / Pardew / McLaren days.

Really disappointed with that, moreso as it's Arsenal away next which we'll obviously lose, even when we was last good we hardly ever got anything there. Long time then till the next prem game against Fulham, could really have done with taking 3 points here and then the inevitable Arsenal defeat wouldn't have felt as bad.

Still in a great position obviously but stil feels like we should win games like that. City drawing makes it more annoying, think the title is Arsenal's now like

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really frustrating, not helped by a shocking ref that let them away with murder. On another day that's a comfortable win and they have a player or two sent off 

Pope: 7

Trippier: 6.5

Schar: 7

Botman: 7

Burn: 7.5

Bruno: 6.5

Willock: 6.5

Longstaff: 5

Joelinton: 6.5

Wood: 6.5

Almiron: 7.5

6.5 for Wood he was absolutely shocking. More like a 2

1 minute ago, sixx said:

Murphy just cannot be our wide option from the bench. And Longstaff for all his qualities needs to be a squad option, not a starter.

The next four to be replaced for me has to be wood, Murphy, willock & longstaff. 

no idea what ASM issue has been recently - maybe not fully fit yet?

Shows the value of goal scorers - lack of fitness for ASM and Wilson (and perhaps Isak) costing 2 points today

A lot of the other players will chip in with a few here and there - which is v important - but regularly scoring in the PL is a skill and to win week in week out you need your goal scorers on the pitch 

Just now, Gawalls said:

The next four to be replaced for me has to be wood, Murphy, willock & longstaff. 

no idea what ASM issue has been recently - maybe not fully fit yet?

I think Howe's easing him back in, he's an explosive player who's all 100% pace and strength. Must be very susceptible to re-injuury.

Frustrating but you miss that many chances you’re never going to win ffs. Maybe it highlights that we need more firepower in the final 3rd, better goal scorers. We should’ve easily scored at least 2 there. 

The bedwetters will be out in force today though 😂