Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Nah. Depends on their result later. But win that and they go another 2 clear of us and City. We should be winning today and then a point or even a decent performance in defeat at Arsenal doesn’t feel so bad. 

Now you go into that game needing a result. Top 4 race is pretty tight now. 

But surely there is no pressure on us in the race for the top 4 ? We are so far above expectations currently.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

But I'm not?  I do point out things I don't like and I can be glass half full when things are nervy. But it gets really shit that people like you shit your pants the second I make one criticism.  Just insufferable and a bit dim.  Like, you've got the blinkers on to most of my posts and then start screaming if I dare be negative or critical.  Just ignore me and stop your whining.

You really should take a look in the mirror, dude. You’re MO has been constant complaining for years. So to accuse others of that in this context is a bit of gaslighting. I’d be somewhat shocked if anyone on here expected an optimistic post when they see you’ve posted. Your six forced optimism posts are buried under  200,000 negative ones.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Nah. Depends on their result later. But win that and they go another 2 clear of us and City. We should be winning today and then a point or even a decent performance in defeat at Arsenal doesn’t feel so bad. 

Now you go into that game needing a result. Top 4 race is pretty tight now. 

I don't think we "need a result" against Arsenal like, we're still way ahead of where we are expected at this point, this season is a free hit essentially, there is no point in adding extra pressure.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I don't think we "need a result" against Arsenal like, we're still way ahead of where we are expected at this point, this season is a free hit essentially, there is no point in adding extra pressure.

As far as I’m concerned. We are 6 points needed to be safe.

Thats how I have had to look at this for years. So 0-0 and I’m as happy as a dog with three dicks.

Just now, 54 said:

Most people were probably like “top seven finish would be great and would show progress” as recently as this summer. Now some folks are acting like we’ve been making the champions league every year for the past decade. “Need a result” away at Arsenal ffs :lol:

1 minute ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

As far as I’m concerned. We are 6 points needed to be safe.

Thats how I have had to look at this for years. So 0-0 and I’m as happy as a dog with three dicks.

I mean I thought we played really well, but I don't understand your enthusiasm about the result. The result is not a good thing at all.

Timely result may assist in the January sales. Leeds must be looking at that as a great point where as 18 months ago they’d have looked at humping us . We’ve come that far in so little time. 

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

We created loads against Crystal Palace too and enough against Bournemouth. These games just happen.

I don’t remember thinking we should have scored 3-4 at least in those games. This one felt like we had so many decent openings, along with clear cut chances and we wasted them all. 

I thought the referee bought their snide gameplan, let them dive, foul, waste time and fake injury the whole game. Lost control and rightly so, I’d like to see a complaint in for that. 

We were wasteful as well. Longstaff needs dropping after that, he was really poor today.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

I mean I thought we played really well, but I don't understand your enthusiasm about the result. The result is not a good thing at all.

I’m not upset - just disappointed, the minimum if you can’t win is to not get beat and yet again we’ve done that so you can’t get upset at that.

12 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Games like today bring us back down to earth and make me realise we should be happy with top 6.

Champs league is still a few years away.

tbf we just needed more quality upfront. If Isak had started we maybe could have nicked it.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

The top 4 battle has skewed alot of opinions recently I reckon. We are ridiculously overachieving with that squad. If we get any sort of European spot this season it's a massive success. 

My biggest criticism of us today btw, isn't the result or the wasteful finishing - those things happen - but the loss of discipline towards the end, which was pretty disappointing and naive. We played right into their hands and should've known better given that we've used similar tactics to waste time this season.