Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Think this is a good time to play them, it’s been a busy period, they keep getting results but they’re not going to maintain the same high level every single match. I think we can get at least a point here but our midfield and defence are going to have to put in the biggest shift of the season. Not expecting us to have many chances 

Would be nice to get a result against these!

their forward line (Saka,Martinelli & neketia) and defensive line (white, gabriel, saliba, tierney) are both very good, but I think the match will be won in the midfield, basically if we can keep Odegaard quiet and dominate in the middle we will be in with a chance.

Our back line is one of the best in the league so i think it will be a good contest but the toughest test so far for our back line.

Arsenal fans are confident of a win, and you'd say rightly so.

On our day when everything clicks we are a decent side though and have a measley defence so anything could happen. Need the lads to be a bit more clinical than Leeds for this to work though!

I'm excited either way and looking forward to testing ourselves against the best.

1-1

Wilson and maxi are key to us winning. I think if we put Big joe on the left wing we are playing a more defensive strategy, whereas if we dropped him back into midfield and put maxi on it would be much more offensive without losing to much grit in the middle.

I also want Big Joe and bruno putting the pressure on odegaard.

I think Wilson for Wood will be the only change. But I really do want ASM to start. 

I’d certainly take a draw. As going away to big teams and not losing is still massive for us at this stage of the club’s progression. Keeping the unbeaten run going would be huge, as well. 

5 points from the 3 festive fixtures wouldn’t be a bad return. Despite how frustrating the result and parts of the performance were against Leeds. If it was a 0-0 draw at Leicester, 3-0 win against Leeds and then a draw here. I’m not sure many would complain about the points return. 

Think we'll go with Joelinton on the left with him also helping out in midfield. Arsenal's midfield 3 will need a lot of attention so I think playing ASM and asking Joelinton to put in a shift against the best midfield in the league and do ASM's tracking and help Burn out with Saka is too much of a big ask.

I know we were at home against them end of last season and they have improved. But ASM started that game and was world class on the day against City. Who have an equally as potent midfield and attack. 

I want ASM to start and I don’t really like Joelinton on the left. If he goes with the usual lineup. I’d rather Willock spends more time out wide and Joelinton back in the middle. He was much better there when moved back against Leeds. Thought he looked wasteful and a bit clumsy at times out wide. 

I think I'd prefer ASM on the left, I think the midfield won't be a steely without big Joe in there and we need him bossing the middle. It does leave us a little more open on the left but it also gives us more threat and makes it harder for them to double up on Almiron.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Our record against the "big six" so far is W2-D2-L1. Three of those were on the road too.

I think this is an example of stats being misleading. The two wins were against sides that you'd now say are underperforming this season, and the loss should have been a draw but for pretty gak refereeing. The two draws are about right I think. I'd snap anyone's hands off for a point tonight. I don't fear them but I respect the fact that they're winning the league on pure merit.