Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

Can’t see anything other than a win, the lads will be on a high. As long as they don’t get complacent, which I know they won’t, it’ll come down to putting our chances away. Looking forward to Botman bullying Mitro. Isak to score 

It is actually very nice to have decent attacking options off the bench; Isak and ASM.

I would play ASM in this one from the start, as they play quite high up the pitch we would have plenty "out" balls to him and Calum high up the pitch to beat their press...

1 hour ago, Slim said:

We beat them 4-1 last time.  Should smash them again.

There was the early red card, Palhinha suspended and Mitro clearly playing with one leg.

Will be a much tougher game but I still expect us to beat them if we are on our game.

Travelling up from Dorset for this one as its my birthday on the day. Sat a few rows back behind the gallowgate goal, not sure if good seats or not but I just grabbed the first seats I saw, to not risk missing out.

Pretty fucking excited, been a long while since I've been able to get up there! Win and to watch Bruno and Isak on the pitch would be the cherry on top.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Travelling up from Dorset for this one as its my birthday on the day. Sat a few rows back behind the gallowgate goal, not sure if good seats or not but I just grabbed the first seats I saw, to not risk missing out.

Pretty fucking excited, been a long while since I've been able to get up there! Win and to watch Bruno and Isak on the pitch would be the cherry on top.

Can't go wrong mate, especially at that end. Enjoy!

35 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Isak smashing one in at the Gallowgate for you!!!

Edited by ExiledGeordie

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Palhinha is a top player so will be interesting to see how the midfield battle goes. We are better than them though, so should be looking for the win. 

Palinha is a good player but he's not exactly flanked by others of the same calibre in there. Would fancy Joe/Bruno to sort him out. He's a set piece threat though.

Could be a weird atmosphere this , Sunday 2pm, playing a team most expect to beat at home but who won’t make it easy, just a few days after the high of Tuesday .Hopefully it’s not flat .

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I'm kind of curious how we'll perform in this, given everyone's focus at the minute is set two weeks in the future :lol: 

The ground will be still buzzing and provide the perfect atmosphere for the team to put on a performance.

Got 6 days between this and Palace. You have to assume that Howe will go full strength, which means the same side as against Leicester.

I can see any arguments for changing it, unless Howe sees something tactically.

An early goal on this would be nice. [emoji38]Always get nervous at 0-0 at half time. How spoilt am I? [emoji38]