Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

16 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

When he tried to announce the sub on the penalty :lol:

Has Joe Willock always been announced as Joseph? Only noticed that today. Also calling Willian ‘Will I An’ was strange

2 minutes ago, PRL said:

Has Joe Willock always been announced as Joseph? Only noticed that today. Also calling Willian ‘Will I An’ was strange

Might be it’s the only way he can properly pronounce Willian :lol:

It always amazes me how some people get jobs as presenters where their voices are so unsuited for it. So many traffic and travel presenters on the radio seem to have speech impediments it’s unreal. 

And then there’s Adam P 

The announcer was comically bad today. Was announcing  subs etc at the weirdest times and totally out of sync with play. No wonder Fulham ended up with twelve players on the pitch or why we thought they did 🙂 

Just now, LV said:

Might be it’s the only way he can properly pronounce Willian :lol:

It always amazes me how some people get jobs as presenters where their voices are so unsuited for it. So many traffic and travel presenters on the radio seem to have speech impediments it’s unreal. 

And then there’s Adam P 

Speech impediment sufferers tend to spend their early lives working on annunciation and such, end up doing forms of public speaking in order to get over certain mental hurdles and it means they tend towards those kind of jobs, there's so many presenters and singer types that have them. 

Just now, Southerner said:

Speech impediment sufferers tend to spend their early lives working on annunciation and such, end up doing forms of public speaking in order to get over certain mental hurdles and it means they tend towards those kind of jobs, there's so many presenters and singer types that have them. 

That could well explain it 

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

I struggled to see Mitros second touch on the penalty...even in slo-mo and replay. Still can't really see it unless he clipped it with his left before shooting on right?

how are you not seeing that 2nd touch?

44 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The announcer was comically bad today. Was announcing  subs etc at the weirdest times and totally out of sync with play. No wonder Fulham ended up with twelve players on the pitch or why we thought they did 🙂 

I thought Eddie has had a word about joining in the shithousery.

When he announced half a substitution before the penalty I was sure he was going to suddenly shout the second bit during Mitrovic's run up!!

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As much as pundits are saying the first one is a penalty surely the ball touching the Fulham players hand would’ve cancelled out the decision/goal? 

Just watched Marco Silica’s post match presser. He is unhappy that VAR didn’t give them a penalty for the first shout and send Dan Burn off. Deluded cunt. 

31 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

What formation were we playing when we brought Alex on? Swear it was like 4-3-3 but with Isak as the attacking midfielder in the midfield 3. :lol: Funny as fuck. Fuck off Fulham. Victoria sponge scranning cottage botherers.

4-2-4 or just simply 4-4-2 seems the general consensus. But it certainly looked like Isak was deeper than Wilson at every opportunity which could just be what they have worked on in training. Isak is definitely a better ball carrier than Wilson and has the ability to go past players so it does make sense he'd play slightly deeper and leave Wilson to play in the should of the last defender.

35 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

4-2-4 or just simply 4-4-2 seems the general consensus. But it certainly looked like Isak was deeper than Wilson at every opportunity which could just be what they have worked on in training. Isak is definitely a better ball carrier than Wilson and has the ability to go past players so it does make sense he'd play slightly deeper and leave Wilson to play in the should of the last defender.

4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2 with Isak playing pretty much a free role in attack. 

Yep a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1, Joelinton and Longstaff sitting much deeper, ASM and Murphy on the wings, and Isak in a very free role in the final third behind Wilson. In the last ten minutes Isak was practically everywhere from the centre circle up to the Fulham penalty box.

3 hours ago, madras said:

Has Murphys little bit of shithousery at the end had a mention ?

I was on the other side of the ground but I spotted him over by the bench bending down to pick the ball up and toe poking it away as he did ?

Was like a Chaplin manoeuvre   

Edited by bobbydazzla