Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

18 minutes ago, duo said:

MASSIVE win.  Fulham just came to defend - had no interest in winning the game.

Think we need to get used to that nowadays.

Most home matches feel like a tough slog against a solid defensive unit. More frustrating to watch at times than entertaining, if that makes sense. 

Edited by Klaus

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Was it a poor game ? It's hard to tell when you're that emotionally invested in it. They said the Arsenal game was a load of fucking shite to watch the next day at work. I thought it was engaging,meself 

Engaging if you're a neutral for sure. We deserved the win I reckon. 

As if we got Andy ‘he has to be hitting the target with that. He should be doing better’ Hinchcliffe twice in a week. 

Felt like muting the fucker after 10 minutes. 

Schar or Miggy MOTM for me. Longstaff was arguably better dropped deep. ASM and Isak both impacted the game positively when they came on.

Bar the pen, which was dubious and a couple of half decent looking counters. They created absolutely fuck all. 

We really are a nightmare to play against. 

15 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Bar the pen, which was dubious and a couple of half decent looking counters. They created absolutely fuck all. 

They didnt have a clear chance. We created enough to win even if we werent fantastic by no means. Benitez would be hounded out in the media for this almost. They are solid, and Willian had some vere good spells, but thats it. 

Just got done watching it. We looked so comfortable for large parts of the match, it was only one-way traffic and there was only one team who was going to win it. I was definitely sitting on the couch thinking that if we want to be finishing in the top four we need to be finding ways to turn these kind of matches into three points, thank god we finally did.

Season ticket holders behind me moaning about Fulham time wasting.  We are one of the worst for it.

Guy in front said the penalty was disallowed because he was offside...

Edited by Slim

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Season ticket holders behind me moaning about Fulham time wasting.  We are one of the worst for it.

Guy in front said the penalty was disallowed because he was offside...

These are the people who argue that you can't really understand the match unless you are there. :lol:

58 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

image.thumb.png.dbc48da4c6841b11f3a2dfc56a40a9ea.png

So players on 4 are now free to to shithouse until they reach ten! 

Joelinton is only allowed 3 cards in 13 games otherwise he'll get a two game suspension. He'll 100% get that suspension tbh. :lol: