Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

Have to admit, in real time (watching on Sky) I thought Burn looked more of a penalty than the one Trippier gave away, but Sky didn't even show any replays of the Burn incident.

Seeing it back on MOTD last night, I think whilst there is a grab by Burn, Pereira makes a meal of it, and probably why it wasn;t given despite the VAR check.

But Silva being a moany twat, its becoming something of a trend now. Opposing managers bitching on about refs when their teams don't get calls/decisions against us.

Edited by TK-421

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

Have to admit, in real time (watching on Sky) I thought Burn looked more of a penalty than the one Trippier gave away, but Sky didn't even show on replays of the Burn incident.

Seeing it back on MOTD last night, I think whilst there is a grab by Burn, Pereira makes a meal of it, and probably why it wasn;t given despite the VAR check.

But Silva being a maony twat, its becoming soemthing of a trend now. Opposing managers bitching on about refs whe their teams don't get calls/decisions against us.

First one easily could have been a pen (although he did go down easily) and 2nd one wasn't a pen.

11 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He’s an absolute whopper.

Is he fuck he epitomises this entire forum, depressed as fuck under Ashley & co for years, now literally orgasming at every goal, tackle, win. Love Ando me. 

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

First one easily could have been a pen (although he did go down easily) and 2nd one wasn't a pen.

Burn does need to stop giving players the chance to go down and the refs a decision to make.  But that was never a pen, IMO. 

The daft twat is in on goal, feels Burn with the slightest of pulls and goes down like he's been hit by Mike Tyson, somehow turning his legs into jelly.  He was a moaning prick all game and it's hilarious to me that he decided to try and cheat, instead of score and it could have cost them the game.

Feels like it needs to be said every week now to opposing fans.  But contact in the box doesn't automatically mean it's a penalty.  It's also one of those stupid unwritten rules, that means that would be a foul in the middle of the park, where it doesn't matter.  But a ref or VAR are never going to give something so soft, if it results in a penalty. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 hour ago, STM said:

sorry if giggs.

Spot our paully in the pink jacket. Celebrating the goal as the cross goes in.[emoji38]

Class, this :lol: 

Funnily enough, on a similar theme.  I was sat with an Arsenal supporting mate watching our game yesterday.  I was talking to him about a game we both went to v Everton a good while ago at SJP.  It was when Ryan Taylor scored one of his long rangers, off the bar and in.  He started celebrating the minute it left his foot :lol: 

Top anticipation from @Paully here.

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

John Anderson is a NUFC legend and a top fella, having met him several times down the years. :thup: if you cut him in half, you've find black and white running through.

He might be a nice bloke, but I can’t listen to him on the radio. Just comes across as a moaning prick 95% of the time.

3 times yesterday I saw our guys take the first touch past the oncoming defender into space and blow by them - Willock in 1H, Joelinton and Max in 2H. Can’t say I’ve ever seen Willock and Joelinton do that before. Fantastic stuff. There are clear little tweaks in attack you notice as we keep working on the style under Eddie Howe. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He might be a nice bloke, but I can’t listen to him on the radio. Just comes across as a moaning prick 95% of the time.

he used too yeah, understandable really.  Like all of us used to moan (some still do) but now he’s in a happier place and you can tell, like most of us.

Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch saying he thought the Burn ‘pull’ wasn’t a foul, and he’d gone down too easily. The two pundits disagreeing with him, thinking it was a foul and a red card. 

At the time I thought it was a penalty and that’s what it’d been given for. Seeing it back I’m with Dermot, it’s hardly a pull in my opinion. 

Edited by NUFC_Chris

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Players like Isak really open the door for us to be more versatile either from the bench or starting, I expected we might shift towards a 4-2-3-1 at some point as Howe does favour that formation. As good as the 4-3-3 is it’s nice to see us able to switch it up against certain opponents when the right players are fit and available.

23 minutes ago, Charlies said:

he used too yeah, understandable really.  Like all of us used to moan (some still do) but now he’s in a happier place and you can tell, like most of us.

Go listen to his commentary on the Leicester game on Tuesday. If that’s happy, fuck me.

4 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Have to admit, in real time (watching on Sky) I thought Burn looked more of a penalty than the one Trippier gave away, but Sky didn't even show any replays of the Burn incident.

But Silva being a moany twat, its becoming something of a trend now. Opposing managers bitching on about refs when their teams don't get calls/decisions against us.

Fulham are the biggest shithousers in the league…49 yellows (and one red)! 

4 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah would like to have seen a few replays to see if wasn't hand-ball in the Burn incident, looked like it and our players appealed for it but not enough replays to judge.  Definitely makes a meal of it, they did for both incidents. Instinctively the second didn't look like one and the ref might have been savvy enough to know they were looking for something, anything after the first.

4 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Yeah would like to have seen a few replays to see if wasn't hand-ball in the Burn incident, looked like it and our players appealed for it but not enough replays to judge.  Definitely makes a meal of it, they did for both incidents. Instinctively the second didn't look like one and the ref might have been savvy enough to know they were looking for something, anything after the first.

Was there not a blatant Fulham hand ball in the run up to it ?