Anthony Gordon

Jack27

8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

To me there is a difference between a bit of light shithousing and diving/cheating. I like our players to mix it up but i never want to see any of them dive, cheat or harass referees.

Bruno and Miggy are regular divers and they all cheat by holding/pulling shirts etc and they do harass referees until Trippier pushes them away.

Edited by madras

Look, I’m sure we’re all agreed that his going on strike shows his character not to be up to scratch.  I mean, what sort of man would go on strike at Everton - his boyhood club - to sign for Newcastle?  Disgrace.  Shows he wouldn’t be a good fit. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-speed-goes-on-strike-to-press-claim-for-transfer-1141775.html?amp

Oh.  Forgot about that. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Look, I’m sure we’re all agreed that his going on strike shows his character not to be up to scratch.  I mean, what sort of man would go on strike at Everton - his boyhood club - to sign for Newcastle?  Disgrace.  Shows he wouldn’t be a good fit. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-speed-goes-on-strike-to-press-claim-for-transfer-1141775.html?amp

Oh.  Forgot about that. 

It won’t matter, some people have dug into not wanting him. 

I hope he comes and does well. Imagine 6 years of development here. It won’t just be his football skills. The set up we are building will build him as a person and his attitude and get him away from his circle he grew up with.

the guy has real potential, I’m excited now…

so expect it to fall through!

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Can't see this happening personally. I'd imagine Dyche would want to keep him.

Dyche wants £40m to buy Weighorst 2.0, not DCL and his gender neutral dress code and Gordon’s flares put him well offside with the gravel-voiced gaffer. Tom Davies also likely will be culled for his get up.

EECA002A-7F50-4310-BC6E-8A197BA8EAC8.jpeg

51F76D94-6E3F-43CB-A762-35028ADCA7FA.jpeg

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If they do hold onto him it'll be interesting to see how much he goes for in the summer when they're down 

I actually think (depressingly) Dyche keeps them up. It's a suprisingly competent appointment. Obviously Everton fans seem gutted as they think they should be appointing 'elite' managers, but he is the best realistic option they had. He will make them hard to beat, and they will will scrape survival. Then next season when he has them playing solid but unspectacular football and they sit around 14/13th at the mid-season point they will hound him out. 

Edited by sushimonster85

45 minutes ago, huss9 said:

plenty cheered barton and bowyer.

Exactly, what has Gordon done that rivals either of what those two knackers have done off the pitch? Or on it for that matter. Should definitely get the support. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

33 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

On the other hand, Gordon has never been involved in a racially motivated assualt. 

I'm not that fussed about the off the field stuff, given who us and some other teams are owned by I've come to terms with the game being utterly riddled with horrible people both on and off the pitch. My thoughts are mainly around Gordon's lack of restraint on the pitch. Yes we've already got a few 'shithouses' in our team, but they're restrained shithouses who know what they're doing. Anthony Gordon doesn't appear to fall into that category.

Every club has "wronguns" - Luis Suarez, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, John Terry etc were continually lauded by their supporters long after they were outed as the horrendous people they are. Racists, rapists etc should absolutely be called out for what they are, but if you're expecting a squeaky clean team of angels for the foreseeable then maybe football isn't the sport for you.

Anthony Gordon is only 21, I'm not too surprised he's not learned to be so clever and restrained in his shithousery.

Feel like I've missed something. I remember being annoying the two times we played them but I don't remember anything earth shattering that's caused this level of animosity towards a potential signing that I don't really remember for any other player ever.