Crystal Palace 0-0 Newcastle United (21/01/2023)

Disco

Feel like it's a real sign of where we've come that I'm pretty disappointed with an away draw to a solid midtable team. Not really too bad a result, but definitely need to do something about struggling for goals in these games - definite change where everyone is happy with a draw against us.

Just now, Chris_R said:

We're so solid at the back but because teams know how good we are there going to sit back a lot against us and we packed any way to unlock them. We always seem to want one too many touches and for all our play and chances I don't think (m)any of them were what I'd call clear cut chances that I thought we should put away.

So we need creative reinforcements, and to get the creative players we have (ASM, Isak) on the pitch from the start 

We need to get Longstaff out of the starting 11 and get someone with way better end product and someone that can contribute on all three positions up front. Or a straight pure DM so Bruno G can take Longstaff's position.

Disappointing, but without Pope it would have been awful.

Understandable that Howe went like-for-like with the subs, Wilson for Isak was the right call, but Willock has every right to be disappointed about coming off, especially with the hindsight of us losing our threat down that side when he went off and Longstaff offering nothing throughout.

Pope: 9

Trippier: 7.5

Schar: 7.5 

Botman: 7

Burn: 6.5

Bruno: 7

Joelinton: 7

Longstaff: 5

Willock: 8

Wilson: 4

Almiron: 6.5

ASM: 7

Isak: 7

Murphy: 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

Our dominance is seldom reflected in a flow of goals. Forest on day one was no different, took a Schar worldy.

Were punching above our weight and this is a symptom of a mix or purples and Ashley players. The team covers for individual limits.

When was unbeaten run we've just beat? 

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Decent point ,teams know if they just sit in against us and make it hard we struggle to score as most teams would, still none of the teams around us have made up any points on us which is the main thing .

We shouldn't struggle to score though. In all these 0-0s we have enough chances to win 10-0 but our finishing is beyond horrific.

3 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Whisper is quietly but are we now playing at our actual level with the players we have after playing out of our skin for the last few months of last year.?

I am still proud as fuck of this team and my expectations at the start of the season were 6-8, we are currently well above that so yes I am frustrated with another draw but with the players we have got we are doing a fantastic job.

We are still playing the same and dominating the matches, just lacking the end product.

Just now, worthy said:

We need to get Longstaff out of the starting 11 and get someone with way better end product and someone that can contribute on all three positions up front. Or a straight pure DM so Bruno G can take Longstaff's position.

We could do the same with Willock.  And probably would initially as Longstaff has a lot of defensive duties that Willock doesn't/can't fulfill.  

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Jaqen said:

Dominated and controlled the game just a bit toothless upfront. Need to give ASM a run of starts now I think. 

He didn’t do much when he came on to be honest. I’m hoping we bring some quality in that can play across that front three and offer something more.