Crystal Palace 0-0 Newcastle United (21/01/2023)

Disco

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I feel Wilson was busting a gut prior to the World Cup to get in the squad and has come back and took his foot off the pedal. Not quite the same player post World Cup.

He was busting a gut but then he also got Covid just before the world cup too.. he’s not looked like he’s had the same energy since returning.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Aye it's not good especially with the domination we have in terms of height 

I don't know what we're trying to do sometimes. Trippier has a free kick in a shooting opportunity and tries some fancy pants set penis instead of leathering it at goal.

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

Shows how far we've come though when an away draw feels so disappointing.

And Palace fans celebrating it like a win too. Think we're starting to find ourselves in the same boat as a top 6 team coming to town and dropping points, home fans love it. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Aye it's not good especially with the domination we have in terms of height 

15 it was? i know we have created much with set pieces but i cant remember a direct corner kick goal

Edit..Joelinton vs Leicester

Edited by nufc123

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Leeds, Fulham and now Palace all set up the same against us and we have scored once in those games. 

With the exception of Leeds, who I thought were decent, we should have won those games, and didn't for the reasons in my reply to you.

Wilson hasn't played well imo, and with the missed chances and poor decisions making in the final third, plus Palace had one shot on target tonight, and Fulham had none, hardly working us out is it ?

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Surprised Isak is the one being singled out for poor finishing like

He had one weak header.  

I don't think it is just finishing.  It is passing and movement in the final third.  The ball gets into the opposition box and we seem to panic and either stand still or just kick an aimless cross.

1 minute ago, DoricGinola said:

Shame we could sneak that goal.

Finishing needs to improve, especially Isak

Thought isak did well - that time he held the ball up and we got a corner. If he had one player to pass to then we could have had another pass to their keeper to add to the stats

Just now, David Edgar said:

He had one weak header.  

I don't think it is just finishing.  It is passing and movement in the final third.  The ball gets into the opposition box and we seem to panic and either stand still or just kick an aimless cross.

They absolutely flooded the box though whenever we moved forward

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

With the exception of Leeds, who I thought were decent, we should have won those games, and didn't for the reasons in my reply to you.

Wilson hasn't played well imo, and with the missed chance and poor decisions making in the final third, plus Palace had one shot on target tonight, and Fulham had none, hardly working us out is it ?

Stopping us scoring and creating clearly cut chances is working us out in terms of our attacking play. Obviously this may change with the introduction of ASM and Isak in the starting line up.