Crystal Palace 0-0 Newcastle United (21/01/2023)

Disco

We are 15 games unbeaten.

Pope made one the saves of the season.

We dominated a team away from home AGAIN.

We just lack quality, which we will sign in time.

The future is very bright and we are overachieving.

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

We are 15 games unbeaten.

Pope made one the saves of the season.

We dominated a team away from home AGAIN.

We just lack quality, which we will sign in time.

The future is very bright and we are overachieving.

What I needed to read tonight thank you. 

Gotta remind myself every now and then there’s really no pressure on this season. First full season of new ownership and Eddie, my only goal prior to the season starting was to get 60 points and we’re cruising towards that. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

We had chances but we could've played for anotehr hour and not scored. I don't think we had many big chances.

Come on, man. Those Wilson chances……I mean one of them, there’s more goal to hit than keeper but that’s exactly where the ball goes. 

As a team we haven’t been clinical enough and as the season goes on, we’ll need to be if we’re to maintain a top 4 spot. Because our chances will become more limited as we play teams like Palace, who 10 games ago would’ve considered us equals and would’ve gone for a win. Now, they know what we do so they’re much more careful. Especially with playing it out from the back.

10 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Come on, man. Those Wilson chances……I mean one of them, there’s more goal to hit than keeper but that’s exactly where the ball goes. 

As a team we haven’t been clinical enough and as the season goes on, we’ll need to be if we’re to maintain a top 4 spot. Because our chances will become more limited as we play teams like Palace, who 10 games ago would’ve considered us equals and would’ve gone for a win. Now, they know what we do so they’re much more careful. Especially with playing it out from the back.

True.

Little bit disappointing as I think we've definitely got enough to do Palace... going through a phase where we can't finish anything. 

Big Joe should have put us 1 up. 

We're in an unbelievable position so can't complain. 

57 minutes ago, Lotus said:

You’re right about us not creating as many clear cut chances though. Some decent positions but not one on ones or super sharp stuff in the box. 

2 big chances, 14 shots in their box, with an Xg of 1.25. Stats back your observation up, we created, but lack fret. 

7 hours ago, midds said:

Trippier Burn, Botman and Schar

Trippier Burn, Botman and Schar

*tune of Ryan Taylor, over the wall* :lol:

Somehow i keep singing

Trippier Botman, Schar and Burn

Trippier Botman, Schar and Burn