Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

Willock not been his usual energetic self, seems a bit jaded today, Bruno with some uncharacteristic sloppy passing too but growing into the game. We can win this but I don't think it's coming from the players already on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Cf said:

Willock and Longstaff seem the obvious weak links. They're starting to get on my nerves. 

Willock’s driving with the ball is a fantastic outlet on the left, he set up a great chance with one of his runs but his finishing has been terrible. Longstaff has misplaced three extremely easy passes that are infuriating 

Just now, Cf said:

Willock and Longstaff seem the obvious weak links. They're starting to get on my nerves. 

Aye. Willock has to put away one of those chances. The 1st one he had time to take a touch and set himself up.

Longstaff stops before he passed, he can’t turn on a movement, nor can he pass the ball whilst moving.

Interesting game plan. It feels like we're trying to fire the ball into the forwards at the earliest 

opportunity, but it just isn't working. 

These look really vulnerable at the back too. The few times we've played it round them we've looked really dangerous.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Need to rethink that front 3. Doesn't work.

Agreed it’d stale and the side looks unbalanced. Willock will run and run and then the attack comes to nowt down the left. He should’ve squared it when he shot for the disallowed VAR goak