[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

If you drive down to London / eg outskirts 

Where is the best place to go / park if you want to get on the underground to get to Wembley 

Or a very handy train station close enough to get a train / sprinter type into / close to Wembley 

don’t want to drive right into London but I was thinking of driving close enough (not to get caught in all the London traffic) but not to far away (if that makes sense) 

any help Would be appreciated 

At first glance I was thinking about Watford ? As a sprinter train option ?

13 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Few options mate, I've lived down here over 9 years, Watford good shout. Standard town really but you got a train 15 mins into London or the tube so both easy. Reading i lived there for nearly 6 years, again 24 mins direct to Paddington.

Best options Harrow on hill, few stops from Wembley, uxbridge on met line too and easy access or Watford.

Hopefully helpful^.

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

If you drive down to London / eg outskirts 

Where is the best place to go / park if you want to get on the underground to get to Wembley 

Or a very handy train station close enough to get a train / sprinter type into / close to Wembley 

don’t want to drive right into London but I was thinking of driving close enough (not to get caught in all the London traffic) but not to far away (if that makes sense) 

any help Would be appreciated 

At first glance I was thinking about Watford ? As a sprinter train option ?

I would use Heathrow 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I would use Heathrow 

I would do the same, there are tons of hotels near to T3 which will let you park for ~15quid a day then you can get into London either using the underground (Piccadilly), Heathrow Express or the Cross Rail (Queen Elizabeth Line) thing all from Heathrow Central.  Even a bus option.

The Oxford coach service 'Oxford tube' is decent as well, but is vulnerable to traffic of course. 

The tube stretches really far north and west in some places, like Uxbridge or Amersham are barely even London. Equally somewhere like Epping on the east. Long tube journey mind. 

Heathrow is a decent option but it's a bit further south so I don't know what that means for the drive. 

Brief look at the map, Croxley is my left field suggestion :lol: North of the station away from Watford town centre. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'm looking at Wycombe/Beaconsfield.

Trains look quick from there and easy to get to by road.

Beaconsfield is also one of the best service stations in the UK, it’s got a lake. 

Yeah, if you’re OK with train as well as tube there are loads of options. The shopping train that goes through Bicester Village also calls at Wembley IIRC. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

I'm looking at Wycombe/Beaconsfield.

Trains look quick from there and easy to get to by road.

Did Wycombe last season on a ground hop mission. Was impressed by the trains from London (Marylebone). Chiltern railways. Took about an hour I think and trains were dead comfortable even in standard areas. Can Remember passing Wembley but can't remember if we stopped near it. Hopefully trains will be on after reading previous posts. Today will be key I suppose because of the 14 days strike notice needed. Don't think they would announce one tomorrow/Sunday.

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Did Wycombe last season on a ground hop mission. Was impressed by the trains from London (Marylebone). Chiltern railways. Took about an hour I think and trains were dead comfortable even in standard areas. Can Remember passing Wembley but can't remember if we stopped near it. Hopefully trains will be on after reading previous posts. Today will be key I suppose because of the 14 days strike notice needed. Don't think they would announce one tomorrow/Sunday.

Think that might be the same Bicester train I meant. Remember going to the NFL and some unfortunate designer outlet shoppers being joined by 20,000 fans getting on their train home. 

Announcing strikes that weekend would be shooting themselves in the foot - fully supportive of their strikes, but targeting a weekend where the main people inconvenienced are football fans from Newcastle & Manchester won't do them any favours.