[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Im thinking about wearing a Newcastle under layer that I can have on display at the end for the victory party. I might wear the grey 80s away top to be a bit extra cautious. Can only see the sections we’re in here being totally dominated by toon fans so imagine it’ll be quite partisan - but sounds like they’ll be strict on entry 

I mean, surely "no club colours" is tough to police right? Like they aren't going to be getting hot and bothered if I'm wearing a plain black or white long sleeve t-shirt/sweater and jeans? 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I mean, surely "no club colours" is tough to police right? Like they aren't going to be getting hot and bothered if I'm wearing a plain black or white long sleeve t-shirt/sweater and jeans? 

There’s some blurb, you’ve probs seen… ‘Club colours and are not permitted in any Club Wembley area, and should they be worn, you may be refused entry or be removed from the stadium for your own safety - you will not be entitled to a refund should his happen.

For the avoidance of doubt, this includes club hats and scarves as well as items of clothing in the colours of either team.’

They surely can’t refuse entry if you’re in normal clothes which happen to be/include b&w?

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There’s some blurb, you’ve probs seen… ‘Club colours and are not permitted in any Club Wembley area, and should they be worn, you may be refused entry or be removed from the stadium for your own safety - you will not be entitled to a refund should his happen.

For the avoidance of doubt, this includes club hats and scarves as well as items of clothing in the colours of either team.’

They surely can’t refuse entry if you’re in normal clothes which happen to be/include b&w?

Yeah, that was my thought - surely they can't say no to a plain black t-shirt or hoodie or something like that? I mean, I could easily wear a dark grey or white one to be "safe" but my puffer jacket is black ffs :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Yeah, that was my thought - surely they can't say no to a plain black t-shirt or hoodie or something like that? I mean, I could easily wear a dark grey or white one to be "safe" but my puffer jacket is black ffs :lol: 

F4770901-B7E5-4FBA-A4D2-C84AD8E5556E.thumb.jpeg.3115ac9bd16cf20a1d7e86d38960570b.jpeg
Just in case a bit of celebratory scarf twirling is required at full time… round back of shoulders and tucked down arms. Could even tie on some mittens for the hell of it! 

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Might email club Wembley and see if they can print me out a ticket stub for the day. It’s nerdy as fuck but if we were to somehow win then I’d want to get it framed alongside the match programme.

I feel weird about the ticket I have printed and having to scan it; always gives me an unnecessary amount of anxiety @Superior Acuña :lol: you? 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

F4770901-B7E5-4FBA-A4D2-C84AD8E5556E.thumb.jpeg.3115ac9bd16cf20a1d7e86d38960570b.jpeg
Just in case a bit of celebratory scarf twirling is required at full time… round back of shoulders and tucked down arms. Could even tie on some mittens for the hell of it! 

I'll twirl me undies 

Just now, toon25 said:

Genuinely have no confidence of a result. Appreciate this is Mike Ashlighting, but they just seem to be hitting that clinical form whilst we don't know how to put a game away.

You should be swarming us first half. We've started so slow for the last four or five games now. 

Just now, Froggy said:

You should be swarming us first half. We've started so slow for the last four or five games now. 

Pretty much the only way we’ll get a result I’d imagine. Score one or two in the first half and hope for the best second half. 

Game gets too open and we’re fucked. It’s why they’ve looked good in these two games against Barcelona as they encourage an open game in the way they play. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s trouble either. 

Just now, Disco said:

Game gets too open and we’re fucked. It’s why they’ve looked good in these two games against Barcelona as they encourage an open game in the way they play. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s trouble either. 

Shocking amount of space left by Barca I thought. Rashford had a bad day and couldn't exploit it. Said at half time we needed Antony's energy and it made a world of difference. 

Definitely think we should start with Dalot and Antony. 

Let’s just hope we’ve been sandbagging a bit.

We have to manage spells in this game when they will be bringing whatever energy they have, but you can tell they’ll fade a bit if we can ride those spells out.

We will get chances but they will be rightful favourites based on form.

Both of their goals came after Barca giving away possession near the box.. let’s try and avoid that..

It's going to take an incredible effort but we can do it. If you told me that, by the end of the game, we'll have scored as many goals as our xG says, I'd feel confident that that meant we won. It's this farcical sudden inability to finish effectively that has knocked our form moreso than anything this calendar year. 

One thing I've noticed is these fuckers are masters at time wasting. Considering their fans had the cheek to claim that's all we do, their team does it a serious amount everytime I've watched them.

If they go ahead then we'll need to try not play into their hands.

7 minutes ago, alexf said:

One thing I've noticed is these fuckers are masters at time wasting. Considering their fans had the cheek to claim that's all we do, their team does it a serious amount everytime I've watched them.

If they go ahead then we'll need to try not play into their hands.

Team full of Argentines, Portuguese and Brazilians. They’d all stab opposition players in the eyes for the chance to win a sniff of a piss stained 20p.

Got a lot of nasty bastards in their team which can be a good or bad thing depending on how it goes. 

Would happily take a red or two if we’re 2/3 down in the last 5 mins.