[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

5 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

1st time I went (Charity Shield) was the same, saw barely any until about an hour before ko. Then it was 50/50.

Seen Eamon Holmes and his sons walking around a couple of hours before.

Outnumbered them in the ground that day too though. Obvs a bigger game for us. Our fans went beyond halfway on the hard camera side iirc and was definitely Newcastle fans in their ends - the other way was no advisable.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Outnumbered them in the ground that day too though. Obvs a bigger game for us. Our fans went beyond halfway on the hard camera side iirc and was definitely Newcastle fans in their ends - the other way was no advisable.

I was in some state, result of previous night and day drinking. Went in 98 sober. Both times are a bad memory. I think for us older ones it's all about winning more than the getting there this time. 

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Martin Tyler commentating on the Spurs/Chelsea game. Wonder who’s doing the final. 

Would love it to be the same pair who did the semi final 2nd leg, Ally McCoist and the guy who tends to do SPL games. Doubt it though, likely to be Carragher and someone.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would love it to be the same pair who did the semi final 2nd leg, Ally McCoist and the guy who tends to do SPL games. Doubt it though, likely to be Carragher and someone.

It will probably be Neville.

12 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

We saw Steve Bruce in Covent Garden before the 1999 final, the faux Geordie cunt said he was supporting 'United' to my mate when asked. I've pretty much despised him since that day.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Martin Tyler commentating on the Spurs/Chelsea game. Wonder who’s doing the final. 

Guarantee former Manchester Utd defender of over 400 appearances Gary Neville will be on comms. This after former Liverpool defender of over 500 appearances did our game last week v Liverpool 

It’s the opportunity that feels so special, not necessarily the winning. The feeling, after over a decade of futility, that what we do in supporting this club actually matters. 

They can’t take that away from us anymore, so it almost doesn’t even matter if we win or lose. We will be back again. For this and for bigger trophies.

…love it if we win though.