[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Strangely I feel more confident about this game than before the loss today. I think we showed tremendous spirit when down to 10 men, and with Willock, Wilson and Bruno hopefully coming back in, we'll go into the final with some fire in our belly.

Well at least I’m not nervous about this game now as I fully expect us to get beat. [emoji38]

We are going into this game with roughly the same chance of winning as the 98 and 99 finals. Unfortunately we have lost form at exactly the wrong time and the opposition’s tails are completely up. I make our chances as 35/65 at best, unless Man U lose Rashford and Casemiro to injury this week.

The mancs still have 2 games to play before the final let’s see what shape they’re in after these. Lose Fernandez or Rashford and they don’t look so good.

The big thing for me is getting the defence sorted, though I do think Bruno sitting in front makes a massive difference. I have a feeling we’ll click up front against these and if St Max is rediscovering his Man City form, he’s a potential match winner for us.

1 minute ago, Bizza said:

Karius ffs. Losing Pope is a disaster.

We’re one of the best teams defensively in the league and must/should put in a great defensive performance. So the keeper shouldn’t be THAT important. Hopefully.

34 minutes ago, Collage said:

We’re one of the best teams defensively in the league and must/should put in a great defensive performance. So the keeper shouldn’t be THAT important. Hopefully.

This argument is starting to wear a little IMO. We were wide open defensively today and in the previous 2 games conceded soft goals from corners.

Edited by Dr Venkman