Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

15 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Struggling to get cover at work as i'm rostered on as senior for the weekend :(

Hoping someone takes pity but looking unlikely.

Hope everyone has a blast, enjoy the occasion and atmosphere (stay safe - sound like me dad saying that) and scream and sing us to a victory!

:Jonny2J::indi:Hope its as good as we all hope for.

Had considered doing a 'Likely Lads' but think that'll be impossible.

Maybe best if I don't watch tbh...current score is 4 finals watched :TV 74,76 attended 98, 99 ( and semi in 00) and I'm four/five for zero as our American friends may say

HTL

Do it Geordie lad! Whilst it’s not the best, or second best way to experiences the day the Likely Lads link gets it on the podium for me! 
A3982EE5-09CE-467F-A342-B5EE6FB39DC0.thumb.jpeg.f357f3b1b330b1b33e9581ce5a6458b0.jpeg
remember avoid “one-legged news vendors flaunting their placards”! 
(No Hiding Place S1, Ep7).

6 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

If you have room in your suitcase please can you bring me over a Giordano’s deep dish? Had one when I was in Chicago for the marathon last year and I was in mourning for weeks when I’d finished it.

I do live down the street from a Giordano's. It would be pretty peak Chicago to fly to another country and smell pizza the entire time. 

Saturday

drive down morning

hotel in uxbridge

tube to trafalgar

cans

tube back to uxbridge

sunday

up early shitting myself with nerves

spoons brekkie (probs)

something to settle nerves

tube probs about 12ish to wemberley

fanzone probs

into ground at half 3ish i reckon

sing/shout/cheer/cover eyes/scream for every decision to go our way

afterwards..... dunno it depends on result

Monday

Drive home...

1 hour ago, Ameritoon said:

I don't want to peer pressure you, but now I'm going it feels like you have to go, too

A few things have to change for this to happen unfortunately. End of April for the Tottenham match feeling more likely. :( 

Possibly as good as being at Wembley tbh, in its own way :) definitely better place to be if they lose :lol:

Increasingly thinking I'll just be wandering around town all day just taking shit in :)

Edited by OpenC

Can't get on board with the Covent garden/ Trafalgar sq hoo ha,maybe because I've lived down here 40 years. Made the journey over to Wembley twice in 98, 99 on a bum steer and it was a bit shite legging it back to a suitable pub to witness the capitulatuion. Toon bound for it once my flimsy corporate connection is snuffed out .

Edited by Holloway

Still don’t know what time my train is going down on the Saturday. Regardless, they’re going to be rammed and the peeve will be flowing. 

Hopefully get one of the 62 tickets in the ballot tomorrow but if not, still going to be some weekend. 

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Totally passed me by but drinking being banned on Wembley Way and surrounding areas is crazy

Only seems like it’s an hour before ko, so to be honest if you’ve got a ticket you’ll be heading in around then if not before. 

It’s basically to keep ticketless fans away from the stadium after the Euro’s debacle.