Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

Maxi with a great pass, solid shot by Longstaff and Miggy with the composed finish.

Three of the most annoying players so far today, and they've combined at that moment incredibly well.

They have all been poor in this game though, some really awful play from all three of them.

Everything we do ends up going out wide. Teams have cottoned on to the fact most of our attacking play is overlapping from Trippier and Almiron. Really need other sides to the game and to be able to actually play through the middle (hopefully this 4-2-3-1 shift with Gordon can change this in some way)

Worst half we've had under Howe.

It's been in the post I think, we have all the signs of a team that's starting to look knackered - sloppiness, lack of sharpness, movement, pace, imagination. Hopefully ASM, Isak, Gordon and others can mitigate for it, or we can refresh soon and go again.

Just now, STM said:

I thought we were the better side all half. Don goodmans is just a cunt. They scored from a set piece.

We haven't been great but dominated the ball away from home, some short memories IMO.

We win this now. Love these players.

Bit worrying we've conceded two goals in a row from goals like that. Need to work on defending our corners. Eddie won't be happy! 

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Thank fuck. I’m a glass half full bloke but this has been dreadful like. Huge opportunity in the second half that didn’t look likely 10 minutes ago.

Yeah, same. Some horrendous play today man, my God.

Nice goal, and something to build on. I hope it gives Miggy some confidence back. Double figures for him, so well done lad!

Bit of stinking first half, another crap goal conceded from a flicked on corner, but it ends even stevens and the match is there to be won.

Just now, joeyt said:

Almost as if people are watching the game and not relying on stats? We've been bobbins

Yea, I'm also watching, we've been poor like but hardly backs to the wall clinging on for our lives stuff.

I do think Bournemouth have played well mind.  Pressed really well and always looking for a clever pass to split our defence.  We should know what consistent pressing does to the opposition’s passing accuracy.

The goal was conceded due to Isak not arsing himself to continue tracking his man.  Utterly dogshit play, really poor.

Happy to be level