Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Feel weirdly confident for this one.

2-0.

Could be a pivotal game for the season. Win here and we go into the final with major confidence. Win that and we push on to a top 4 spot I think. All hangs on these next two games, both absolutely massive 

I think we'll lose this one. I'm affraid players will, consciously or unconsciously, pull out of tackles and be scared to get injured and miss the final 😬

Hope not, obviously, and I'd very happy with a point and no injuries or red cards. 

From The Telegraph article about Thiago being out for weeks:

Liverpool’s injury absentee record has been dreadful this season with injuries in training compounding match injuries. Klopp hopes to have Jota back for the Newcastle game. There has been no similarly optimistic news for any of the others.

I'd prefer them to beat Everton and stop the bad run before they play us.

Think they'll be up for putting us in our place and we'll have minds on the week ahead. I'll take 0-0 unfortunately because was really looking forward to sticking one right up Klopp until recently.

Edited by Jonas

Pope

Trippier      Schar      Botman       Burn

Longstaff

Joelinton

Almiron                                          ASM

Isak

Wilson

Two powder puff midfields like bald men fighting over a comb. This will either be another bore draw or won by a single goal. Bournemouth were 20th in the form table before coming up against us, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I'd like to think we put that performance behind us and make something of this but worried the slump isn't over yet. Fwiw my Liverpool supporting mate who I'll be watching the game with thinks we'll win.

Edited by Mattoon

2 hours ago, STM said:

Pope

Trippier      Schar      Botman       Burn

Longstaff

Joelinton

Almiron                                          ASM

Isak

Wilson

ASM came off with a knock yesterday. No way that man plays for a few weeks

Just now, et tu brute said:

They are playing Madrid on the Tuesday so Klopp will be morning like fuck again about the time of the kick off. Be interesting what team they put out as I'd imagine champions league will take preference now

If they win their 2 games in hand on us they are only 6 points behind us- 3 if they beat us. They will go full strength surely .

Thiago being out is good news for us. As I think he is class and they have had injuries in there already this season. Plus players out of form, who’s legs have gone or just not particularly suited to their style in midfield. 

I still think their pace and directness out wide will cause us problems. But it should be a more open game than we have had of late. Despite them trying to be more ‘compact’ (Rafa ™️) and change their ways a bit. 

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If they win their 2 games in hand on us they are only 6 points behind us- 3 if they beat us. They will go full strength surely .

Think Madrid will take priority, lots of ifs and buts with catching us, mind tbf their replacements are not Jacob Murphy standard 

Edited by et tu brute