Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thankfully under Howe it's rarely if ever a case of [other team's winger] vs Burn, it's usually vs Burn, Joelinton, and Willock.

Not this game with the lack of options available, wouldn’t be shocked so see Gordon start on that side though.

39 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

First time in months I am not confident going into a match.

They are a good team regardless of recent form. Feeling a bit more confident when I found out it was safe to play Joelinton. Still a bit worrying that a few others dropped like flies during the last game and Wilson didn’t even make the squad.

They’ll be thinking they are are playing us at the right time and rightly so.

Liverpool have been absolutely pony away from home of late.

Their defensive numbers have been alarming for a while, but their attacking output has fallen off a cliff too.

We're not in the best form but I don't think we'll lose. Could quite easily see another draw though.

Edited by The Prophet

Really interested to see what Eddie does here. Players look knackered and there's a few that are carrying knocks. Even if they are somewhat fit will he want to risk the likes of Wilson and ASM and not have them as options for the final? 

I tend to be overly positive anyway, but this could be just the opposition we need, a defensively suspect team who will be playing to win and not setting up in a low block.

We've only conceded two in the last six, both flicked on corners that can be worked on in training. There's no reason to suggest Liverpool will do something Arsenal and Man U couldn't do against us.

On the off-chance its a case of either/or and risking injured players, then by all means write this game off and go for it in the final.

If they’re fit I’d go:

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Joelinton, Gordon, Isak, Murphy, Wilson.

I think if there’s any doubt over ASM and Miggy I’d hold them back. Similarly if there’s any doubt over Wilson I’d put Isak up top and bring in Fraser and move Gordon centrally.

We've over a week until the final after this so go full strength. No good reason to be resting our best players. Obviously there's a risk of injury and suspension but we're also in the race for Champions League football and there's a chance for a massive confidence boasting win here for the final too. 

Edited by Decky