Lewis Miley

Ronson333

If he's good enough he's old enough. He earnt the right to be considered in the mix of options at CM in pre-season until proven otherwise imo.

The way Howe has managed Anderson though I'm not convinced we'll see him getting any minutes at all this season. Maybe coming off the bench towards the end if we get a really easy draw in the FA cup.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If he's good enough he's old enough. He earnt the right to be considered in the mix of options at CM in pre-season until proven otherwise imo.

The way Howe has managed Anderson though I'm not convinced we'll see him getting any minutes at all this season. Maybe coming off the bench towards the end if we get a really easy draw in the FA cup.

I think they have us planned for Arsenal away in the FA Cup.

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean an 18 year old burried us less than 24 hours ago like.

1 and a half years difference in teens is canny like. Ferguson wasn't just chucked in as their main man just after turning 17 like was being asked of Miley earlier in the thread.

4 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

I convinced he’s the answer to our midfield problems. I know it sounds crazy to think a 17 year old is the solution, but for me from what I’ve seen of him so far, he’d be perfect as our number 6. 

Did he even play number 6?

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Utter nonsense. Have faith in the players who got us 4th 

Literally the worst way to manage a squad in my opinion. What's the point in having squad depth then not dropping out of form players. Where's the motivation for the 'best XI' if they know they'll get picked no matter how badly they play.

I'm Joelinton's biggest fan but he shouldn't have started Liverpool let alone Brighton. Anderson and Longstaff should have had way more minutes in the first 4 games imo.

4 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

He did look great in preseason tbh - not sure it translates directly to the PL though. What’s odd though is that he hasn’t even been on the bench so far? (Not really sure who’s left at home instead 🤔)

Think he’s been playing U-games which makes sense.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Think he’s been playing U-games which makes sense.

Absolutely - would probably give him a lot of experience just being in and around the 1st team though even on match days. I’m sure he’ll get minutes the longer the season goes on as well - and maybe even when the mood and performances start easing up a bit. 

Apropos of nothing, Barcelona have started 16-year-old Lamine Yamal ahead of players like Raphinha - and they've won (he played incredibly in his first match and meh in his second). 

Miley isn't Yamal-level or anything but it's not unheard of for a player of his age to be playing regularly in the top flight. Given our midfield continuity and meshing issues, it wouldn't be crazy to see how and if Miley could fit in.

Just now, Memphis said:

Apropos of nothing, Barcelona have started 16-year-old Lamine Yamal ahead of players like Raphinha - and they've won (he played incredibly in his first match and meh in his second). 

Miley isn't Yamal-level or anything but it's not unheard of for a player of his age to be playing regularly in the top flight. Given our midfield continuity and meshing issues, it wouldn't be crazy to see how and if Miley could fit in.

He looked our best player in preseason in some games.

23 hours ago, Memphis said:

No idea of Miley is ready but players are coming through younger and younger these days. Our champions league opponents PSG have Warren Zaire-Emery who plays in a similar position to Miley, is a couple of months older and played 26 times last season

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

No idea of Miley is ready but players are coming through younger and younger these days. Our champions league opponents PSG have Warren Zaire-Emery who plays in a similar position to Miley, is a couple of months older and played 26 times last season

Miley looks composed, he needs game time IMO.  I'd start him Tonali and Bruno or one of those 2 and Longstaff.  If it was me I would probably start Miley, Tonali and Longstaff.  Just to remind Bruno, don't get me wrong I love Bruno.

Well guys, although I do not contribute regularly to the site now, this subject is one on which I can perhaps add to the debate.

Most of the members of the site will be far younger than me and therefore were not around in the late 60s when NUFC went into the then Fairs Cup for the first time even though we finished 10th in the then Div 1, mainly due to the 1 city - 1 club rule which excluded Everton because Liverpool had 2 clubs. Same applied to other European cities with more than 1 club.

As you all know, we won the Fairs Cup at the first time of asking, beating teams like Feyenoord, Sporting Lisbon, Real Zaragoza, Vitoria Setubal and Rangers before meeting Ujpest Dozsa(who had turfed out Leeds, then title contenders) and defeating the Hungarians over both legs.

During the great Cup run, we had several youngsters who played a major part in our success, Alan Foggon(19 when he scored our 3rd in Budapest, Keith Dyson and John Craggs, a young RB who deputized for David Craig in some games.

Joe Harvey was not frightened to play these lads when they were 18 and they didn't let him down...if they are good enough, they are old enough as long as you don't field too many at the same time(as Ossie Ardiles did - probably of necessity - in 91-92 and they just weren't ready to play all at once although Steve Watson played a major part after KK joined as manager).

Eddie Howe has a strong pool of players to choose from but from what I've seen od Miley he does deserve a chance in some games this season...Eddie has not made too many mistakes so far so its up to him but local lads are a big strength of a side if developed properly - I wish him luck .

41 minutes ago, merlin said:

Well guys, although I do not contribute regularly to the site now, this subject is one on which I can perhaps add to the debate.

Most of the members of the site will be far younger than me and therefore were not around in the late 60s when NUFC went into the then Fairs Cup for the first time even though we finished 10th in the then Div 1, mainly due to the 1 city - 1 club rule which excluded Everton because Liverpool had 2 clubs. Same applied to other European cities with more than 1 club.

As you all know, we won the Fairs Cup at the first time of asking, beating teams like Feyenoord, Sporting Lisbon, Real Zaragoza, Vitoria Setubal and Rangers before meeting Ujpest Dozsa(who had turfed out Leeds, then title contenders) and defeating the Hungarians over both legs.

During the great Cup run, we had several youngsters who played a major part in our success, Alan Foggon(19 when he scored our 3rd in Budapest, Keith Dyson and John Craggs, a young RB who deputized for David Craig in some games.

Joe Harvey was not frightened to play these lads when they were 18 and they didn't let him down...if they are good enough, they are old enough as long as you don't field too many at the same time(as Ossie Ardiles did - probably of necessity - in 91-92 and they just weren't ready to play all at once although Steve Watson played a major part after KK joined as manager).

Eddie Howe has a strong pool of players to choose from but from what I've seen od Miley he does deserve a chance in some games this season...Eddie has not made too many mistakes so far so its up to him but local lads are a big strength of a side if developed properly - I wish him luck .

Alan Foggon was another Stanley lad 

On 03/09/2023 at 07:59, Ronson333 said:

I convinced he’s the answer to our midfield problems. I know it sounds crazy to think a 17 year old is the solution, but for me from what I’ve seen of him so far, he’d be perfect as our number 6. 

he needs game time and i totally agree with this