Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Hard to put a finger on who to compare him too but way he recieves and plays ball reminds me of Michael Cartick at times, Carrick was like that at West Ham and Spurs then obviously dropped deeper under Fergie

Edited by NUFC91

I don’t know how to word this without it making it sound like I’m insulting him and saying he is slow. 

But it is as if the game and the ball moves a lot slower for him than everyone else. Looks so calm and measured with everything he does. Never seems flustered or rushed. Does the simple things really well and effectively. He certainly plays beyond his years. 

19 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I don’t know how to word this without it making it sound like I’m insulting him and saying he is slow. 

But it is as if the game and the ball moves a lot slower for him than everyone else. Looks so calm and measured with everything he does. Never seems flustered or rushed. Does the simple things really well and effectively. He certainly plays beyond his years. 

Just wait until he fills out - you have to be careful with him until he stops growing - then watch him go - he’s so good on the ball - so clever - learning with every second he’s on the pitch 

2 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Hard to put a finger on who to compare him too but way he recieves and plays ball reminds me of Michael Cartick at times, Carrick was like that at West Ham and Spurs then obviously dropped deeper under Fergie

I think it's his ganglyNess aswell that makes you think carrick. 

He's too relaxed to be compared to any player at 17. Not idea how it ends up for him, but Carrick wasn't anywhere near this level at 17, no Lampard, or Gerrard. Only player at 17 which looked this good was Bellingham (who was better in the Championship) and he's got it in him to be the worlds greatest. Whether he gets to those levels is mainly (sparing injuries which hampered Carrick) up to him. He'll grow with the club and at a point his limit will be reached, but hopefully with England caps & club silverware, who knows, might even be playing alongside Bellingham for club and country ;) 

Edited by Dokko

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

He's too relaxed to be compared to any player at 17. Not idea how it ends up for him, but Carrick wasn't anywhere near this level at 17, no Lampard, or Gerrard. Only player at 17 which looked this good was Bellingham (who was better in the Championship) and he's got it in him to be the worlds greatest. Whether he gets to those levels is mainly (sparing injuries which hampered Carrick) up to him. He'll grow with the club and at a point his limit will be reached, but hopefully with England caps & club silverware, who knows, might even be playing alongside Bellingham for club and country ;) 

Fabregas maybe? Only one that comes to mind. Massively impressed with his performances this past week. 

1 minute ago, Ginola said:

He's got a very good habit of never giving the ball away

His balance and strength is amazing for his age, knows exactly how to use his body to position himself in a way where he cant lose the ball

Really pleased we're getting good results whilst he's having his run in the side, he absolutely deserves the shirt on merit at the moment. It'll be good to get options back from injury again but I'd like to think he's now forced his way into the matchday squad and will be in there somewhere even with a full compliment of fit players now. 

He's come up against some big name, big money players and looked totally unfazed. Looks like he was made for the big stage.

19 hours ago, Pilko said:

Really pleased we're getting good results whilst he's having his run in the side, he absolutely deserves the shirt on merit at the moment. It'll be good to get options back from injury again but I'd like to think he's now forced his way into the matchday squad and will be in there somewhere even with a full compliment of fit players now. 

He's come up against some big name, big money players and looked totally unfazed. Looks like he was made for the big stage.

I think if he stays fit then he’s not going anywhere. I thought Anderson would be the next academy product to make his mark but unfortunately he’s permanently fighting niggly tweaks and muscle injuries. Miley has the chance to give us the depth in Longstaff’s position we’ve missed. 

Bruno and Tonali (Phillips interim?)

Longstaff and Miley

Joelinton and Willock

Almiron and Murphy

Gordon and Barnes

Isak and Wilson

I think the above highlighted shows where we need to get the next recruits in. Miggy to challenge whoever comes in for Murph and a third option to cover for Cal’s gammy hammy.

22 hours ago, Dokko said:

Warren Zaire Emery is also 17 and has a massive load of hype attached to him. He is also good, was impressed by him in the first leg. Could Miley be on the same level? Genuine wonderkid if so. 

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

Warren Zaire Emery is also 17 and has a massive load of hype attached to him. He is also good, was impressed by him in the first leg. Could Miley be on the same level? Genuine wonderkid if so. 

Most regen name I've ever seen.

First time I seen him play in the flesh was Saturday, he looks a lot taller than what he looks on the telly😂 definitely gonna be a handful once he fills out a bit. 

Like many have said, he looks so confident all around. Movement, communication, everything is beyond his years. 

Seen Gordon having a good chat with him just before kickoff, looks like they’ve got a good relationship. 

On 03/12/2023 at 10:05, Lush Vlad said:

It might be balance and agility. Excellent coordination.  He’s rarely rushing to sort his feet or body shape out. 

He's made the loss of Tonali seem less damaging for our season, we really needed a midfielder to step up. A lot to ask from a 17 yr old but his laid back style makes it look easier than it should.