Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

One incontrivertible thing is that the CHUDS will come out out whenever we experience any little bit of difficulty. 

We’re all just venting frustration ffs - let’s not start pointless arguments that nobody wins

First really rotten match in forever, and even then we're still giving it a good go and look decent.

Just need to get this one out of the way now. Think this performance really sharpens our focus for the cup final. We'll be fine.

This Liverpool team is also going to continue to drop points the rest of the season. Think they look shocking. We could have easily been the ones to take the lead first and caused them to fold.

Just a horrid day at the office this one.

Fuck me, where to start with that half,man . Pope has had a real brain fart there,fucking doylem. Some glimpses of good play from us, the end product rather limp as we have become accustomed to. Plus, the opposition is rather average 

Trippier's form has fallen off a cliff, really need a competent challenger for his place. Shame really as solid and reliable his free kicks and deliveries are as well as his general play - the last 2 months he has been piss poor.

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

Well in that case, the manager shouldnt get props for doing good things as well, its not a one way street.

Exceptions and rules. He's lost two league games. Think the others more than balance that out and afford him a little credit.

Just now, 54 said:

Also, how are people blaming this on Anderson? The fuck did he do wrong? :lol:

He's literally played a full professional season at Bristol Rovers and people seem to keen to tear strips off the lad because he's not hit the ground running in the premier league. It's mental.

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

Give yourself a pat on the back.

The owners have always said this will take time and be patient. We've had a season far beyond our expectations, yet there are people like you throwing your toys out of the pram because you want more, and you want it now.

I don’t think it’s ungrateful to question why we have 2 strikers in the squad - I like both but neither can be relied upon for different reasons. In CM we have 3 players genuinely up to it at this level. We’ve done this to ourselves.

As much as I love Trippier and as much as he gives us so much going forward, it's so disappointing to see him constantly stood three yards behind the defensive line like a shit Sunday morning player. He's had a really poor couple of weeks.

I think we've weirdly been the better team albeit two well taken and created chances for Liverpool. 

Hit the bar twice and now down to 10 men and still have had more shots.

Good spirit..a Howe inspired half time chat will have the lads raring.

Karius to have an absolute blinder in the cup final and stick it to Liverpool and Man Utd. 

But yes one or two points to forget. NEEK POPE, happens to the best of us eh? Even you're human! 

Well, everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.

Lots of positives about the performance, but our back four has always lacked pace, and on this occasion that has cost us. Liverpool are good at hitting the front players early. 

There's no sign of us holding back, with the game next week in mind. Isak has done well. I think starting ahead of Wilson has given his confidence a boost.

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I said immediately after the window closed that it was negligent. My opinion hasn’t changed, and why would it?

Do you think we’d have more points right now?

Do you think these imaginary signings would give us a better chance next week?

Would any of them have guaranteed a top 4 place?

Just now, Pata said:

We were clearly the better team which means Howe’s tactical approach and preparation were good. Like I said, shit happens. Individual mistakes and bad luck are not really coachable. Another day Nunez can’t control the ball, Gakpo is offside and Pope doesn’t handle and everyone is wondering how we are not leading at the break.

True, that could have happened, it didn't though, we should know that both have legs and they could get done on the break, and that's just what happened. But what's worse for me at this point is no Pope for the final.

5 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I'll be honest, I think Trippier's legs have fallen off and he's become a serious liability and needs replacing very quickly, ideally before the cup final.

I had to take a phone call and missed about 5 - 10 mins, did his legs fall off?

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

One incontrivertible thing is that the CHUDS will come out out whenever we experience any little bit of difficulty. 

Man ... just need to let manic depressives be what they are man. I'm completely over it now. Such a waste of time even trying to reason with them :lol: