Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Why do we need to carry the ball right in front of goal and do fuck all with it? Have a fucking shot man. Not just today, this has been ongoing now for like the past month.

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s factual. :lol: We’ve been utterly abysmal at scoring for 2 m onths. If you’re ok with that good for you but unfortunately it’s what decides games.

I honestly don't know what people are watching like. It was the same last season too (when we were seeing less of the ball) where we were great out of possession but had a clear lack of quality on the ball.

We've obviously done well in training on working on patterns of play but now our right hand side has been sussed (and the Joelinton/Willock duo after that)

we don't look capable of scoring. We get the ball forward well and can force it into dangerous positions but the constant poor decision making and finishing in the final third will only be sorted by bringing in top quality players.

Urgh - hate the way the press drool over Man U.  They played 'ok' - just took their chances.  I think Eddie deserves more credit going toe to toe with a group of players who were fighting relegation last year.  

Edited by duo

Just now, The College Dropout said:

We were beaten by a much better side. They hardly came out of second gear.  They hardly gave us a sniff. We fell well short. 

We’ve done great to get to the final and the players have made us feel alive again. But we were beaten by a much better team.  

This is hyperbole at it finest like fuck did we fall "well short".

That's just you being a massive contrarian as per.

Just now, KaKa said:

I love Callum but I'm kind of fed up with him now as well :lol:

The on and off injuries and the unreliability that comes with that is just so tiresome now.

Same it seems post World Cup he’s completely fall apart I don’t understand it. Maybe that illness really fucked him 

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

The main thing that fucks me off about this is that this will be minimal to them but it would have been colossal for us.

They will have forgotten they won by Tuesday. We'd have been celebrating for weeks. It'll come but feels shit today like. Not surprised at the outcome but gutted all the same. At least we all give a shit again.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Devastated. All came down to a few small moments of quality or a little luck that went their way. We matched them throughout tbh.

Don't feel Karius was at fault for either goal, and actually thought he played pretty well, seemed quite assured and confident if a little rusty - which is really to be expected. First goal was a brilliant header, second was an unlucky deflection. Definitely be happy with him as Pope's backup going forward. Think Pope may have saved one or the other, but that's more that Pope is amazing, not that Karius did anything wrong.

Proud of them all, they gave it all they had. Didn't feel like anything dropped our way all game but they didn't give up. Love this team, gutted we haven't lifted a trophy. This would've meant so much more to us than it did to their lot, which hurts even more.

Yeah, super relieved for Karius and happy he had some good moments. Hope he feels happy with his performance.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

We were beaten by a much better side. They hardly came out of second gear.  They hardly gave us a sniff. We fell well short. 

We’ve done great to get to the final and the players have made us feel alive again. But we were beaten by a much better team.  

Yet we had the better xG.  Against the best in form team and player in Europe arguably.

We were unlucky, why is that even contentious? We played well.  Need to be much more clinical in vital moments.

Sat in Club Wembley having a sad beer.

The lads did us proud this weekend - plenty of graft, effort, determination, passion and the never-say-die attitude we want... but sadly lacking in quality on the day.

The difference was a side full of players who have negotiated big games and finals and a side sorely lacking in that experience. A set piece and a deflection, at half time we felt like we should have gone in at 0-0 in the ground.

What a weekend though. Geordies everywhere, people believing in their team again and I come away with the overriding feeling that there will be other finals, other big games, and in time we'll start to win them. We have a team and club that are doing their best to win again and that's all I've ever wanted.

A word on the Man U fans - largely crap and more interested in goading Toon fans sat around them. One of them missed the second goal because he was too busy shouting abuse at us (we'd said nowt to him).

I'll save thoughts on individual player performances for other posts - the headlines are that NUFC are back and we'll beat Man U and all the other dickhead top teams over the glorious period that we're just seeing the start of.

HWTL, I'm off to get blasted.

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I think people are well aware of this and our lack of quality in certain positions.

People are understandably going to be raw/upset, can you not just leave the I told you so nonsense for a day at least, as you're coming across as a bit of a cunt in all honesty.

Ahhh, the Ronaldo way. 

Whisper it quietly, but he's also absolutely wrong to suggest we've been "worst in the league"

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s factual. :lol: We’ve been utterly abysmal at scoring for 2 months. If you’re ok with that good for you but unfortunately it’s what decides games.

You profited from our relegation against Villa.  Did you make a profit today at least?

Just now, 54 said:

This is hyperbole at it finest like fuck did we fall "well short".

That's just you being a massive contrarian as per.

How?Many people said it in the thread. We could be playing now and we wouldn’t score. If a 3rd was going to go in, it would be for Man U.  

We competed well enough. But it was a regulation win for Man Utd. They had more class, a cutting edge, looked imperious at the back. Yeh they fought off the back foot but they were always in control. 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Sat in Club Wembley having a sad beer.

The lads did us proud this weekend - plenty of graft, effort, determination, passion and the never-say-die attitude we want... but sadly lacking in quality on the day.

The difference was a side full of players who have negotiated big games and finals and a side sorely lacking in that experience. A set piece and a deflection, at half time we felt like we should have gone in at 0-0 in the ground.

What a weekend though. Geordies everywhere, people believing in their team again and I come away with the overriding feeling that there will be other finals, other big games, and in time we'll start to win them. We have a team and club that are doing their best to win again and that's all I've ever wanted.

A word on the Man U fans - largely crap and more interested in goading Toon fans sat around them. One of them missed the second goal because he was too busy shouting abuse at us (we'd said nowt to him).

I'll save thoughts on individual player performances for other posts - the headlines are that NUFC are back and we'll beat Man U and all the other dickhead top teams over the glorious period that we're just seeing the start of.

HWTL, I'm off to get blasted.

Yesssssss :thup:

18 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’d love to be positive about our league form but realistically we could’ve played for 4 hours there and wouldn’t have scored. We’ve been the worst team in the league going forward for a couple of months now and we don’t have the playing staff to change it. The window was a massive chance to be proactive and we didn’t take it.

Some of you lot and this magic transfer window. How has it worked out for Chelsea getting in all those players to turn around their fortunes?

We barely threatened them to be fair. They never once looked nervous at the back. They managed the game really well given they'd be knacked from their Barca effort. They had enough to change the game and bring pace off the bench if they needed it. 

We may have looked the better team to some but that was by design, they wanted to us to go at them and dominate the possession as they sat back and waited for counter opportunities.