Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Didnt mention our fans. They do it for Brazil and Argentina too. 

That's the South Americans for you. Their attitude is brilliant. 

The conversation is that your fans looked flat and uninterested. It doesn’t matter if they do it for their home nations, the fact that they are doing to your fans in a cup final where you are winning and your fans are not responding is indicative. 50 seconds left of injury time and he does that and your fan base can’t even muster a sigh in response man.

Even your behaviour looks odd. You are supposed to be going through this resurgence, this new feel, Club about to be sold, getting your 1st trophy for the 1st time in 6 years (poor thing, having to wait so long), and it’s not even 10am the next morning and your on a rivals message board. You think if we won yesterday we would be on red cafe? Fuck me man our fans would be waking up outside the door of a cafe after partying all night.

Shearer always says "take a gamble" and get in the six yard box...and he should know! And that's exactly what Wilson didn't do in the first half when the ball flashed across their six yard box. It would have been a tap in. That was very frustrating.

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

There’s no need to be having a go at Froggy, he’s a good lad and been respectful while we’re gutted here 

Got Beren to ban me all day yesterday so I wouldn't rub anyone up the wrong way. :lol:

Not going to blame Stifler for being fucked off mind. 

6 minutes ago, dorty said:

Shearer always says "take a gamble" and get in the six yard box...and he should know! And that's exactly what Wilson didn't do in the first half when the ball flashed across their six yard box. It would have been a tap in. That was very frustrating.

Was the turning point for me. They scored not long after that. 

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

There’s no need to be having a go at Froggy, he’s a good lad and been respectful while we’re gutted here 

How?

At best his presence comes across as condescending, at worst it comes across as goading.

Why does he keep coming in here? He has no allegiance to us, from our knowledge he’s not even from around here. Why is he so active on here?

All the Man Utd fans at the game looks like stone island / canada goose radgies, only saw two shirts all day. They were loud at times, but so were we. Lots of good chants on the way out, best moment was the cockney Manc who was getting annoyed at the "you only live round the corner". 

Our support was far more of a mix from younger kids all the way to grannies and grandads. I'd suggest in future the club looks at sitting people in to different "singing" sections so those who want to stand can, but was plenty of noise around me in 528. We definitely need some more songs that flow into a second verse a bit easier, to keep the noise going for longer. 

In the past all we've had is being proud of out support or the team's effort, difference this time is we're here to stay and will be competing a lot more going forward. Yesterday we needed a moment of magic from someone then the ball to fall to one of our players. Maxi does Dalot but his shot is saved, Miggy could play in Bruno but doesn't. 

Anyway onwards and upwards. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

How?

At best his presence comes across as condescending, at worst it comes across as goading.

Why does he keep coming in here? He has no allegiance to us, from our knowledge he’s not even from around here. Why is he so active on here?

Fuckin hell man. 

Deflated today but proud nevertheless, everything else aside we do look increasingly toothless going forward now and are struggling to create decent chances compared to earlier in season, obviously being 2-0 down against a well organised defence made the situation much harder yesterday but it's been a fairlt common theme lately, Miggy's form was obviously unsustainable but we really need someone to step up and start contributing goals from somewhere, especially with Wilson looking increasingly labored

25 minutes ago, Stifler said:

How?

Because lots of us like him and it's downright weird to not be able to talk to other fans because they're other fans. [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

They are nothing special. They are in a false position in the league mainly down to the fact that everyone seems to be having an average at best season.

This run of form they are jacking themselves about isn't that impressive. Watch the games they play in, they are losing large spells of games where they are 2nd best. Heck if Leeds didn’t have that drop off towards the end of games that teams at the bottom have, they would have taken 4 points off them in the last month.

They didn’t even win their group in the Europa League.

They look bang fucking average with 1 really good player, and another having the form of his life that he’s never shown before, and will probably not show again once this season is over.

If the referee didn’t practically score their 1st goal for them yesterday, the only way they would have won is on penalties.

Next season you would expect Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs to be stronger. The fight will be harder for them to reach the top.

They will be nicely distracted by a takeover which if it does happen, will end up being leveraged as fuck, further limiting their ability to invest. On top of that in the coming years they are pretty much going to have to rebuild Old Trafford, again this will limit spending.

It’s alright though, because they keep raving about a manager who did well at a club who only have to turn up to win their league, and sacked off 1 of the best Premier League defenders this season for someone who was found at this level, fucking genius isn’t he?

Who can blame them, he's done a very good job

Most people didn't have them for top 4 and here they are in a title race

I do agree the football isn't necessarily pretty but it's effective and his in game management is spot on, throughout the season he often makes changes that work out

I'd love for them to collapse as I can't stand them but they are in safe hands and I think they'll win the league with him in charge 

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

How did we play yesterday in comparison to 98 and 99?

Massively better but had some similarities in that nothing went our way when it needed to and felt resigned to defeat once we had gone behind (that is probably just me though)

Didn't come on here or look at social media after the game yesterday as was a bit gutted. Thought we played OK, certainly better than previous wembley trips but we just lack something in the final 3rd. Miggy, Wilson and Maxi all seem to be too inconsistent and although it sounds brutal, we need to look to upgrade at least 2 of them this summer if we want to push on.  I'm not saying sell them, but we need to look at better options in the final 3rd.

Ah the atmosphere debate. The 2nd last part of the NUFC grief cycle. It is annoying that people have had that experience, but that is football in this country.

Watched the highlights again there. As a team we showed up, were the better side on the day, but they were clinical where we were not. It went exactly as I feared it would when our league form started tailing off. We will be back like, I've no doubt about that, and we will have better players when we do get back. However, in think that is part of why I also feel a little sad. This was a chance to win with us still having a bit of old Newcastle in us, Burn, Longstaff, Anderson etc. It would have been nice to do it with them in the side. However, as many have said, not as gutting as other finals, just annoying tbh. They were pants really.