Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

About to piss all over my bedsheets here like, but it is canny disappointing that the past month could have been lightyears better had we been better in the transfer market [emoji38]

We're so devoid of creativity.

I've enjoyed this season loads like lads, Howe is carrying us though.

Just now, Guybrush said:

Dark arts when it's us, streetwise when it's Man United. Interesting.

Great effort from the players. Thought Burn ran himself into the ground for the team.

Just unlucky, and I think on a different day we win that. Class to be in a final, and I'm sure we'll  be in plenty more finals to come.  Howay the lads!

Unlucky for conceding but realistically we were never going to score.

The frustrating thing is teams know exactly how to play against us now and we do not have quality in depth for a Plan B

Everyone knows Almiron/Trippier link-up, everyone knows Dan Burn is the weak link and has nothing to contribute in terms of attack on that side, everyone knows if you nullify Bruno then that massively stops our attacking pulse.

I do feel for Howe because I can't fully state he should be rotating more or have alternative solutions as he was simply overachieving with the best he had at his disposal and even manage to get a tune out of some other very mediocre players.

January was a month we really should have done a lot better with. If its really to do with FFP for us to go all out again in the summer then that's great but this massively relies on us finishing in a European position.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’d love to be positive about our league form but realistically we could’ve played for 4 hours there and wouldn’t have scored. We’ve been the worst team in the league going forward for a couple of months now and we don’t have the playing staff to change it. The window was a massive chance to be proactive and we didn’t take it.

Worst? Have we?

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

There’s something wrong with Wilson, he’s offering nothing now. Have the injuries took their toll? Really frustrated by how he played today. 

I think he has got the hump as he isn't the only striker at the club, since we signed Isak I honestly don't think he has looked happy or arsed on the pitch 

Never mind. They were the better team, though we weren’t bad. Still early in our process. Manchester United have the ability to bring in the likes of Casemiro, and players for 100 million. They will be very good in the next few years to come.

We may have fallen short of the finish line today but the pain is blunted by the fact that we all know the club is at least going in the right direction now. This isn’t like under Ashley where any cup run was a massive fluke and defeat felt like a crushing blow because we’d probably never advance as far again. We will be back.

Club is already massively ahead of schedule in terms of delivering a cup finals and a decent shot at European football just a year after being in the relegation places. Would have been nice to get lucky for once and go a step further, but this year everything is a bonus as far as I’m concerned.

Played as well as we usually, probably the better team (set play and a deflection aside we were) but cant score and even the same players that have played poorly for months continued to do so here.

Good for people who can make a day out of it (I never could) especially juxtaposed with the Ashley era but its just 98 and 99 when all said and done except its probably hindered a promising league campaign.

Feel exactly the same as I did then. Just didn't think we'd win. Was kind of over before half-time and yet still feel like shit and cursed in the end.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

They’ve won something like 16 out of the last 18 and are third in the league so think That’sa ridiculous statement personally.

And.

If you can admit that we were not as good as our form states, you can argue the same for them.

Just now, Amir_9 said:

The frustrating thing is teams know exactly how to play against us now and we do not have quality in depth for a Plan B

Everyone knows Almiron/Trippier link-up, everyone knows Dan Burn is the weak link and has nothing to contribute in terms of attack on that side, everyone knows if you nullify Bruno then that massively stops our attacking pulse.

I do feel for Howe because I can't fully state he should be rotating more or have alternative solutions as he was simply overachieving with the best he had at his disposal and even manage to get a tune out of some other very mediocre players.

January was a month we really should have done a lot better with. If its really to do with FFP for us to go all out again in the summer then that's great but this massively relies on us finishing in a European position.

Wood was the plan B, no matter how shit it was.

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We were nowhere near the better team, like.

They had us in their pockets from minute 1.

And that's absolutely no criticism of our players. They've been phenomenal so far this season.

Certainly didn't look like that on the pitch.

Especially second half.