Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

16 minutes ago, Big River said:

last I’ll say on this because I don’t want to be a broken record. but people think it’s enough to turn up and wave a flag for a few minutes. our support has stopped being support and it’s turned into a spectacle. yes it looks brilliant and it’s great for the players to walk out to, but our work as supporters doesn’t just stop there.

it’s astonishing to me because we’ve seen first hand (last season) what getting behind the team during the match does. it unquestionably helps the lads and is detrimental to the opposition. people won’t want to hear it, and it’s heartbreaking to say, but we let them down yesterday.

I was in the lower bowl beneath the roof.. and to be fair it sounded loud throughout. I couldn't see the upper tier but left thinking every was the same? 

Is this the risk of huge stadiums, they look great but the sound just evaporates  

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Any news on next steps? Is there a criminal case or just something internal within the club?

Some of the lads have had money back from their bank as a good will gesture. Which is great news for them.  We haven’t got anything back yet.

Police investigation ongoing. I’ll be ringing the club when I get home. 

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Cracking run from Rashford for their second, like. Lucky with the finish, yes, but as soon as that break started, he knew where he wanted to go. That's the type of stuff you desperately want someone like Maxi to learn.

He's on one of those rare runs of form at the minute that most players can only dream of, as soon as he gets the ball anywhere on the pitch with space in front of him, you think he's going to score. Almost unplayable since the World Cup.

I’m disappointed but TBH I’m more concerned about what that game says about our prospects for the rest of the season. We have looked toothless for a long time now and very much like a team who’s been figured out. There’s a clear blueprint for how to beat us. EH has a really big job on now to amend the way we play in order to provide something surprising for the opposition otherwise I fear we have more of this to come against better teams, and more draws against lesser teams who just sit off and dare us to break them down.

Anyway, back to the football, thought yesterday was a good match all things considered. It was end to end stuff and apart from Man Utd being more clinical in the finishing for their two goals I didn't think there was much between the team tbh. When you think about how far behind we are as a club, 15 years of being held back and the complete lack in squad depth, I reckon it's right to think our future is bright. Hopefully it'll help show the chairman what we need to improve and it'll be a good bit of experience for a team who have outdone themselves to get where they are in the league and cup this season.

Some really interesting posts in here, especially from @LFEE and @Rich, quite eye opening. 

One thing I'd love to see is an age breakdown of season ticket holders across the Premier League. I haven't set foot in the ground for 9 years (which feels wild) and the demographic felt ancient even then. Couple that with an ongoing price deal that compels folk to cling onto their tickets, could age be a factor in a less vociferous crowd and are NUFC particularly susceptible to it?

We were up in 537 and the atmosphere was touch and go. 
It was quite difficult to get a cohesive song going because of the time delay around the ground, mind once their second went in it was dead for a good length of time. 

There was a good amount of people who had no interest in singing around us and lots of complaints about people standing. 

I’ve always sat on the fence with singing thinking that it’s each to their own really but I was disappointed yesterday, even my 8 year old daughter sang her heart out to support the team….which leads on to a personal gripe, I’m sick of hearing songs about other clubs and their support. I messaged my brother in law who is a Man U fan yesterday after full time and said that I found it amazing that with moments to go before you win the best thing you can sing is about Alan Shearer….because he didn’t sign for you all those years ago, it’s pathetic….and where guilty of it too. Heard more about “Shearer turned you down” then I did Blaydon Races….anyways rant over. 

Edited by PCW1983

4 minutes ago, FCB said:

Bazza is a wannabe Youtuber/Twitter bloke

Is he not the one who got caught trying to sell over-infated tickets for a table/box at club wembley, but everyone paying OTT was gonna end up paying for his seat/ticket too?

Seen some of his posts in the past trying to do 'charity' auctions for signed shirts and that. Wonder of they were all just scams??

Just now, The Prophet said:

That the hilariously bad ITK?

One of them who is mates with Burnsie and uses him as a 'source' aye, the bald one (not as bald as Steve Wraith but getting there)

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

Is he not the one who got caught trying to sell over-infated tickets for a table/box at club wembley, but everyone paying OTT was gonna end up paying for his seat/ticket too?

Seen some of his posts in the past trying to do 'charity' auctions for signed shirts and that. Wonder of they were all just scams??

I believe so, something like that