Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

It always feels like he just shoehorns big words into sentences.  To come across as some kind of intellectual heavyweight to the Talkshite masses.  He waffles on and on.  Not a fan of him at all.  Despite him making good points at times. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It always feels like he just shoehorns big words into sentences.  To come across as some kind of intellectual heavyweight to the Talkshite masses.  He waffles on and on.  Not a fan of him at all.  Despite him making good points at times. 

There's an episode of Friends where Joey uses a thesaurus on every word in a sentence to try and sound smarter than he is. That's basically Jordon. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think she sad something mad when the takeover was first done, didn't she? Like win in the league in X years?

Yes, something like being able to win it in 5-10 years. But this time she's making declaratory statements about every major competition in the game one after another :lol:

Jordan is just arguing with himself there. Making irrelevant points just to hear the sound of his own voice. No Newcastle fan will slate Stavely for her comments if we don’t go on to win the Champions League, it’s great to have the ambition and commitment to try to make the club the best it can be. 

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's an episode of Friends where Joey uses a thesaurus on every word in a sentence to try and sound smarter than he is. That's basically Jordon. 

:lol: 

When he talks.  He reminds me of the wibbly wobbly Jonathan Ross off Bo Selecta.  Just pure, speed talking waffle.   

20 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

He's a pseudointellectual contrarian

15 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Don't know what Jordan has a problem with there. But I suppose TalkShite have to be contradictory for clicks and views.

That's why it was handy having the poster with the words embedded, don't have to actually listen to the show to see the quotes.

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Completely forgot about the breakaway in the opening minutes where Almiron had options left and right and passed it straight to the Man United defender. Criminal. 

Thanks for reminding me[emoji38] Can't stand him as a footballer.

If we played October form we're in with a shout.  But it is not October and out attack is rather toothless.  We didn't create many chances and if we didn't I'm not convinced we would have converted them.  We were only going to have a chance to win if we scored first.

Still, I'm heartened by the fact that this isn't a one off.  I expect we'll have more of these types of games.  Now we have to focus on staying in the top 5.  I'd much prefer top 4 but we have to start hitting the back of the net to make either of those happen.