"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

11 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Found it hard to watch; the pretence that it's not staged made it cringeworthy for me and the completely forced narrative about Longstaff's performance felt laboured and cheap. Thought it was, all-round, poor television and the latest example of empty, replicant stock content for sake of sales and nothing else. 

Glad we did it for the money but don't think I'll watch the rest.

Newcastle-Online in a nutshell right there.

19 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Found it hard to watch; the pretence that it's not staged made it cringeworthy for me and the completely forced narrative about Longstaff's performance felt laboured and cheap. Thought it was, all-round, poor television and the latest example of empty, replicant stock content for sake of sales and nothing else. 

Agree about the forced narrative stuff. But interested all the same in seeing the mechanics of high level club operations (although they are undoubtedly semi staged/cherry picked) and keen to get more of a dressing room insight which should presumably be a bit more authentic for the cup final and other big games later on in the season.

Edited by buzz

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: It's fucking dumb as shit, this. If anything we should have gotten it first.

It was 11th August here in Australia before anywhere else - well, apart from NZ and a few Pacific Islands.  So I was expecting we’d get it first.  :) 

On holiday in China so using vpn anyway for lots of stuff. Got American prime trial which didn't have it. Then cancelled that and got British trial instead right after, still worked. [emoji38]

Lasting 4 weeks presumably as well so will be able to cancel my British prime after watching all of it like the scum I am. 

While I get some of the criticism, I think the way these types of shows are made, you're going to get snippets of reality and drama. Amazon want views regardless whether its Newcastle fans, they will have loved the back story to our takeover with all the politics involved, and the media will delve in and dissect every word helping push the show to wider audiences who will tune in to critisise.

Personally I found it to be as predicted for an opening episode, but I hope to see more from Eddie Howe, I want to learn more about him and how he works with the players, how he decided to look at transforming Joelinton, switching his positioning/play style, how Joelinton adapted and then this elevated him,  leading to national call ups. Also more player relationships, I think Bruno and Joelinton could literally have their own spin off show from some of the stuff I've seen on twitter. [emoji38]

Edited by mighty__mag

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I liked it. But I liked what I’ve seen of the Burnley, Spurs and Arsenal shows Better. 

I watched a bit of the Burnley one, and are they not, all of these things, just exactly the same. Lingering shots of city,  kids on an unkempt field wearing replica shirts and playing an unconvincing game of Three and in. Grey streets and moody acoustic soundtrack.  A pub and its weathered, seen it all landlord. A fan in their fifties in their kitchen in front of frosted mirror bought in the club shop filling in the exposition. Behind the scenes bits one bit candid to three bits staged. 

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I liked it. But I liked what I’ve seen of the Burnley, Spurs and Arsenal shows Better. 

ours would have been "all or nothing" if Eddie allowed more access to the dressing room and players; he did not. So it became what it is. 

Typical Newcastle fans whinging about something. I've just watched it and loved it.

Honestly we've got to have the most whinging fanbase in the country. It's canny annoying actually. Not that I'm letting it show.[emoji38]

I enjoyed it very much. As always, I think those who don't like it need to really set expectations for this sort of thing. It's not made for the N-O type of fan who is emersed into the club and are die-hard supporters who talk tactics, transfers, etc. It's a very general birds eye look at the transformative investment and change we've had under these new owners and it so happened to cover an epic season for us. It's not going to answer your hard hitting questions, it's going to hopefully bring back some fond memories of the best season we've all had in nearly 20 years. 

Some grown adults here, man. Do you really complain this much about everything? 

Edited by Kanji

Enjoyable but very much the same as you’d see from other docs like all or nothing, not that we’d expect anything different. Cool to get a little inside look into some of the people behind the club though.

Edited by Nine

Yasir is such an interesting guy. So many layers and levels to the guy. He's so welcoming and open, but he's steely as well. The correction on how big PIF would be had me in absolute stitches. 

Amanda and Mehrdad are just such loveable people but their coordination and savvy is really impressive - both are tremendous operators - excellent conduits between PIF and the club executives and management team. 

Edited by Kanji

2 hours ago, Theregulars said:

“Found it hard to watch.” :lol:

It’s not an ISIS execution video you wet blanket, although with our owners…

Very disappointed NO family.  Not one review yet on Amazon.co.uk.  Tut-tut!  

Bet if this was the mackem documentary it would be 5 stars all the way along with other fans reviewing it just to how they were their favourite 'other' team! :whistle:

Edited by ScottishMagpie