Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 12/03/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Been 8 1-1 draws in PL between us and Wolves, including a run of 5 1-1s in a row between 2019-2021 :lol:

All of the games between us and them at SJP since they came back up have been on Sky as well. Bizarre hard on they've got for this fixture.

Just want us to attack them from the off. Get the crowd involved, fuck it. Just go after them. Take out the past month and a bit's frustration out on them. With Isak, ASM and Targett all hopefully starting. 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Been 8 1-1 draws in PL between us and Wolves, including a run of 5 1-1s in a row between 2019-2021 :lol:

All of the games between us and them at SJP since they came back up have been on Sky as well. Bizarre hard on they've got for this fixture.

Just want us to attack them from the off. Get the crowd involved, fuck it. Just go after them. Take out the past month and a bit's frustration out on them. With Isak, ASM and Targett all hopefully starting. 

Didn’t realise that but it’s true about them always being on tele. Only decent game I recall is when they beat us 1-2 late on. They should’ve had someone sent off, possibly Boly? I think Lascelles is still in the Strawberry having a pint he backed off that much for their winner. 

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Didn’t realise that but it’s true about them always being on tele. Only decent game I recall is when they beat us 1-2 late on. They should’ve had someone sent off, possibly Boly? I think Lascelles is still in the Strawberry having a pint he backed off that much for their winner. 

Aye, the game was earmarked to be boycotted but the Magpie Group(?) cancelled it as it was going to have feeble uptake. Yedlin was sent off at 1-1 I think but we were still the better side even down to 10 men. And aye, Boly assaulted Perez I think and got away with it. Have tried to forget the goal, was in stoppage time I think? Parried shot from the keeper that they swept up.

Was under Benitez but grim times, those. Think we only won like 2 home games in that first half of 2018-19. 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, the game was earmarked to be boycotted but the Magpie Group(?) cancelled it as it was going to have feeble uptake. Yedlin was sent off at 1-1 I think but we were still the better side even down to 10 men. And aye, Boly assaulted Perez I think and got away with it. Have tried to forget the goal, was in stoppage time I think? Parried shot from the keeper that they swept up.

Was under Benitez but grim times, those. Think we only won like 2 home games in that first half of 2018-19. 

Fucking love Benitez man. I wish Eddie had a signature move as good as the precise insertion of spectacles into a blazer pocket. 

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Remember in the season we ended 4th under Bobby we'd had a bit of a dip then smashed Everton 6-2. I think this could be the game it all comes together. 4-0 Newcastle.

I’m maybe not as confident as 4-0 but I think we’ll win. We simply have to start finishing off chances though and there’s pressure on players to do so because it won’t be long until summer and the final 3rd is where we’ll see upgrades. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I wonder if Joelinton missing might force Howe into a slight formation change and look to start with the 4-2-3-1. Or if it is just Willock in for him. 

I think Targett, ASM and Isak should all be starting. With Schar to come back in, as well. But based on Howe’s time here. I can’t see him making 4-5 changes from one league game to the next. 

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn (Targett at half time)

Willock

Bruno

Longstaff

ASM

Isak

Almiron (Gordon at half time)

Result: Hard to pick between 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, and 1-1. I think it'll be tight. I'll go 1-1.

I think we will settle in midtable before the season is out. Can see a tight, scoreless draw being the outcome here. Frustrating but our mad pre-world cup form was just a crazy run. 

As long as George Ndah doesn't score again I'll be happy. 

Edited by La Parka

1 hour ago, La Parka said:

I think we will settle in midtable before the season is out. Can see a tight, scoreless draw being the outcome here. Frustrating but our mad pre-world cup form was just a crazy run. 

As long as George Ndah doesn't score again I'll be happy. 

What about the mad run from late Jan-May last year? Have we not had more good runs of games and form under Howe than bad? 

It feels like our trajectory has been rising at an unsustainable rate. So it was always going to level off eventually.

I think suggesting we’ll finish mid-table at this stage is a bit premature, personally. It’s not like we are playing badly every week and we now finally have a few options in the squad to change things up.