Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 12/03/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Wilson

Isak

Gordon  Joe      Bruno   Murphy 

Target Botman   Schar   Tripps 

Pope

Don’t want too many changes. Despite his poor form I’d give Wilson another shot with Isak behind him in that 10 role. 

Almiron and Burn rested. 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Quite simply need to shake the team up. 

Isaak, ASM, Willock, Gordon, Targett to start? Murphy has actually been playing pretty well off the bench as well. 

Think we'll see incremental changes as we look to keep our generally good midfield platform intact.

Pope

Tripper     Schar      Botman      Targett 

Bruno

Longstaff            Willock

Murphy                                          ASM

Isak

The pace in this side should frighten them. 

3-0

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Think we'll see incremental changes as we look to keep our generally good midfield platform intact.

Not sure how our generally good midfield will cope with Joelinton missing since him and Bruno looked the most competent players in that area today. He'll be a big miss for us. I like Willock but he looks better when Joelinton is in there with him.

Our good run had a midfield of Bruno, Willock and Longstaff, so it will be fine.

Maxi on the left is a concern if he doesn't track back but we need him going forward.

Him and Isak are going to tear someone up soon.

Great result for wolves today. Downside they will be boosted in confidence while we are increasingly frustrated and trending down. 

Upside someone is going to take a paddling from us sooner or later and I'm glad it's at home not away.

Given our run to season end, it's really in our hands how high we finish. I hope we can stay top 7.

2 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Wilson

Isak

Gordon  Joe      Bruno   Murphy 

Target Botman   Schar   Tripps 

Pope

Don’t want too many changes. Despite his poor form I’d give Wilson another shot with Isak behind him in that 10 role. 

Almiron and Burn rested. 

Willock I assume

I think we’ll get a good win here. I read a stat earlier that we’re the worst performing team in terms of goals to XG since the restart and eventually those chances are going to start going in. 

The final will be well in the past and it’ll be back to business as usual. 

Hope Isak, ASM and Gordon all start. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Must win and we will win.

Not sure about the score, and it probably will be tight - but at some point a team is going to get a right fucking thumping off us, as there will be a game where all or most of the chances are taken

Issue is we don’t really create many chances against these type of teams , Wolves are solid at the back and will sit in. We create more against the likes of Liverpool and city because they are more open and come at us.