Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 12/03/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Been in Glasgow with the wife and her irish dancing school  all weekend, and now I'm getting the train to the toon for this game 1st game for me since the arsenal one last season....  really looking forward to it, also a bit nervous cus its me 1st ever game travling on me own [emoji38] think we'll win this today  going for 2-0 lol but in reality it will probably be 1-1 lol

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Dunno why we are such short priced favourites, because we are at home I guess but we are in terrible form and Wolves have improved 

Prices factor in xG and other underlying metrics. Ours is still far superior to Wolves.

Agree with you though, I'd probably have us at about evens.

Really want to see Isak start but I think it’ll be Wilson again.

No issues with it though if it’s an injury management thing for Isak as it’s been rumoured. Just hope he’s back to full fitness and able to play a whole match asap 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surprised many people seem happy with the prospect of Murphy starting, shouldn’t be anywhere near for me.

He can actually cross the ball every now and then. Can't say the same about Almirón. Murphy's done more in his appearances off the bench than Almirón has done in his starts recently.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I won't be surprised or disappointed if Murphy starts. While he doesn't have the quality we need going forward, every now and then you need someone to inject some pace and directness back into the side. We've shown in the past that we tend to win games with the likes of Murphy or Wood into the side, I'm not sure if there's a reason for that though.

The only thing that would surprise and disappoint me is if Botman is dropped for Burn, allowing Targett back in.

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He can actually cross the ball every now and then. Can't say the same about Almirón. Murphy's done more in his appearances off the bench than Almirón has done in his starts recently.

Hasn’t provided a goal or assist of the bench this season though. Surely Gordon right and ASM left makes more sense?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hasn’t provided a goal or assist of the bench this season though. Surely Gordon right and ASM left makes more sense?

Just taking Almirón out is a positive change tbh. Whether Murphy or Gordon come in for him.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Eh? We've played Wolves much more than 15 times in our history :lol:

It was mentioned on The Totally Football show by the Athletic, must have been Premier League era :lol: