Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

I really think he would have been booked, don’t think he would have been sent off. We also had a player back iirc I’d have to watch it again though 

Ffs it was a foul on Pope.  Has anyone on here actually played a game of football ever?

I think we missed Joelinton today. Willock just doesn’t press enough. Many times today they were able to get away not because they won the 1st ball in the middle, but the 2nd. Usually if Bruno doesn’t get the 1st ball, then Joelinton will come across for it. Sometimes Longstaff will nip in for it or a defender as Joelinton and Bruno press others.

They got away today a few times because Willock was not winning that 2nd ball or putting enough pressure on for them to pass it to someone covered by Longstaff or a defender.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I think we missed Joelinton today. Willock just doesn’t press enough. Many times today they were able to get away not because they won the 1st ball in the middle, but the 2nd. Usually if Bruno doesn’t get the 1st ball, then Joelinton will come across for it. Sometimes Longstaff will nip in for it or a defender as Joelinton and Bruno press others.

They got away today a few times because Willock was not winning that 2nd ball or putting enough pressure on for them to pass it to someone covered by Longstaff or a defender.

Willock was my man of the match today.  Strange how we differ in opinions.

There's often a very tired, passive look to Willock's defending. He's good going forward, but that's a real weakness in his game.

I never really thought they overloaded us in midfield. Pressing was a bit different but we looked better going forward with Willock. Willock covers a lot of ground, maybe his pressing isn't as physical as Joelinton but still effective. 

Will be interesting to see who plays when Joelinton is back. Good to have options

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

There's often a very tired, passive look to Willock's defending. He's good going forward, but that's a real weakness in his game.

The key word there is “look” 

He does a lot more work than people realize because it doesn’t look like he’s giving it all. His style, like Isak’s, is very casual but they’re putting in the work. 

One of the contenders for MOTM today for sure. 

Just now, cubaricho said:

The key word there is “look” 

He does a lot more work than people realize because it doesn’t look like he’s giving it all. His style, like Isak’s, is very casual but they’re putting in the work. 

One of the contenders for MOTM today for sure. 

He’s laconic, just his vibe. Real

good player 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I never really thought they overloaded us in midfield. Pressing was a bit different but we looked better going forward with Willock. Willock covers a lot of ground, maybe his pressing isn't as physical as Joelinton but still effective. 

Will be interesting to see who plays when Joelinton is back. Good to have options

Longstaff has to come out IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

A bit harsh to compare anyone's pressing to Big Joe!  Don't think willocks is any worse than our other midfielders.

26 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Pope 7

Trippier 7.5

Shar 7

Botman 7

Burn 6.5

Longstaff 6

Bruno 7

Willock 8

Murphy 6.5

Isak 8.5

ASM 7

Wilson 5.5

Almiron 7.5

Ritchie WTF.

Murphy 6.5? Harsh - 8 for me. He had a good game. Willock MOTM for me. Closely followed by Isak - he just gave us an outlet, he made some great runs.

Jimenez just jumps into him instead of just putting the ball in the net. Classic modern fotballer being a dickhead.:lol:

Reminds me of the Maddison one on Lascelles when we got trashed at leicester. Just going for the defender and falling over to get a penalty.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Blatant cheating by Jimenez.

However, you will not understand that if you haven't actually played a game of football.  Thank god that referee knew.

1 minute ago, nortoon said:

Jimenez just jumps into him instead of just putting the ball in the net. Classic modern fotballer being a dickhead.:lol:

Reminds me of the Maddison one on Lascelles when we got trashed at leicester. Just going for the defender and falling over to get a penalty.

Exactly the same.  Thank you Sir.