Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

16 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Think Forest's next 2 games define their season. Wolves at home, Leeds away.

I think they’ll stay up. They were outclassed today by a better team, however they made things difficult. If they can play like that and make games against teams around them that difficult, then they’ll stay up.

I’ve seen shit relegation fodder teams, some teams that you know are going down, and others that may just survive, and Forest do not look like a team who you look at and say they are going down.

Across both games I think Forest are the worst team we've played this season like. Even though the two games were basically against different teams :lol:

Of the starting line up tonight only Niakhite and Johnson started on the opening day.

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Cunts trick by Starford once you read the full quote and find out he's joking on like 

I saw the interview. Maybe I’ve missed something but I came away from it thinking he was being a right twat. Maybe I’ve missed some dryness in his sense of humour? 

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’ve seen shit relegation fodder teams, some teams that you know are going down, and others that may just survive, and Forest do not look like a team who you look at and say they are going down.

Problem is there’s no one like that this season. In fact Forest playing away from home are probably the closest to it.

It’s an absolute toss up, although I’d be pretty astonished if Everton went down with Dyche.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Listening to Chris Foy here.  Unbelievable- VAR decided that Felipe ‘didn’t deliberately play the ball’.  Fucking unreal - shouldn’t have been chalked off

Well, Botman didn't deliberately pass the ball to the Forest player for their goal either (was meant to go to Pope). So based on that their goal should not have stand either?

Edited by Toon No9

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Absolutely superb game management with the pen by the way, let them try everything to unsettle Trips whilst the whole time knowing Isak was taking it :lol:

Absolutely the right thing to do but I can’t deny I was screaming at my tv for an answer for why our £60 million striker couldn’t take a penalty when it really mattered

7 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Well, Botman didn't deliberately pass the ball to the Forest player for their goal either (was meant to go to Pope). So based on that their goal should not have stand either?

It’s a fucking bizarre decision, no two ways about it.  The referees union all backing each other too.  Going to TV to explain this stuff as well as VAR has just made things worse - at least in the past they’d get the benefit of the doubt.  Now, they’re being exposed as fucking clueless

Absolutely no excuse not to allow tv viewers to hear what var officials are saying to the referee. I remember our game earlier this season when the referee covered his mouth while talking to a Villa player and didn’t understand how an official could have something to say to a player that he felt wouldn’t be acceptable to be picked up by a tv camera.

I'd have been so pissed off if we hadn't won that game. Forest were poor, but I can see why they do well at home. That crowd creates an atmosphere which makes it difficult for opponents and referees. Credit to our lads, they didn't buckle and fully deserved the win.

Overall, a poor decision about our 'offside' goal. The defender made a deliberate attempt to play the ball even though he wasn't in a position to do much with it. I can only think that the VAR official and the ref didn't want to make a mistake and gave what they may have felt was the 'safe' decision. 

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I'd have been so pissed off if we hadn't won that game. Forest were poor, but I can see why they do well at home. That crowd creates an atmosphere which makes it difficult for opponents and referees. Credit to our lads, they didn't buckle and fully deserved the win.

Overall, a poor decision about our 'offside' goal. The defender made a deliberate attempt to play the ball even though he wasn't in a position to do much with it. I can only think that the VAR official and the ref didn't want to make a mistake and gave what they may have felt was the 'safe' decision. 

I was impressed by their fans, created a really good atmosphere.

29 minutes ago, NE28 said:

Absolutely the right thing to do but I can’t deny I was screaming at my tv for an answer for why our £60 million striker couldn’t take a penalty when it really mattered

7 goals and 4 misses in his career before today says he maybe wasn't a given taker considering the circumstances.

The two penalties he's taken for us has been very good though so maybe something he's worked on.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

7 goals and 4 misses in his career before today says he maybe wasn't a given taker considering the circumstances.

The two penalties he's taken for us has been very good though so maybe something he's worked on.

Your avatar looks like his dad's lost the plot.