West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

14 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

This is a far cry from opening day last season where we started well but Bruce’s lack of fitness training kicked in and the team gassed out after half time and lost 4-2 to West Ham after leading 2-0

It's so true, even Utd felt it last week, their manager wanted to cry over them not being hungry, truth is yes we were hungry, but we were fitter, stronger, and together. 

24 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Eddie seemed to be checking in with him, and Bruno looked almost hangry he was so intense. Maybe just needs his post workout meat pie or something 

Maybe he just felt sorry for his mate Paqueta?

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It might've been a goal with VAR, like; that's impossible to know. He might've just kept his flag down and it's correctly adjudged to be a goal without the assistance of TV refs.

I don't think it came to our rescue, necessarily. My assumption is that the lino's unsure and so the raising of the flag is basically "can you double check this please, lads?"

Anyway, sorry, I shouldn't be sparking a VAR debate on a night like this. 

Sorry Yorkie, none of this makes sense :lol: 

2 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Quiet little shout out for Gordon's tackle and control of the ball for Isak's goal.

Yes! Did very well there. Really like him, he's going to be a big player in time.