Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

Good scoreline but not a good performance. It's actually remarkable how consistently atrocious Marriner is and has been yet again in this match. We need to just accept we won't get anything from him.

The fucking is-he-isnt-he over that VAR check as well man, he was clearly almost entirely offside.

Definitely need to shape up and get another. Bruno, Joelinton, and Almiron have been too loose with it when pressured. Wilson has been on it.

Everton have a lot of hustle and are closing us down, putting in dirty tackles and getting away with it (fuck you Mariner), and are first to second balls.  Our passing is shit today, playing ourselves in to trouble, slow to the second balls but we scored with our one meaningful attack.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Think the pressure is telling on us a bit. We come through this and get top 4, it'll be a growing moment for a lot of these players. Not ruling them out after a bad half

Or it could be just the fact we always struggle at Everton. There’s a lot of changes as well

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What was it, a bit of shoulder then? :lol:

We've been rubbish; Bruno and Almiron in particular. Only the miracle of pixels means we're not level. 

Might be our year, lads.

Thought Bruno was actually one of our better players tbh, was trying to play out and create space.

They're winning the physical battle, as could be predicted from the line-ups, and we're misplacing so many passes. But they lack any real guile when it comes to the final third. We've gifted them so many chances.

A nervy 45 minutes ahead.

My feeling coming into this was Everton would be all over us early, we'd score our first chance, then things would settle down and we'd take control. I guess I got 2/3 right. Good chance for Eddie to get everything straightened out.

1 minute ago, NUFC said:
4 minutes ago, Cf said:

As if that's the best angle they have for that. 

VAR has angles the tv companies dont

Is that definitely true? Would love to know why if so. That's just taking the piss out of fans and needlessly exposing the decision makers to more criticism. 

It's going as expected really, an ugly game but just so glad we've got the goal. Going to be tense as fuck in the 2nd but I can definitely see Isak and Gordon coming on about 60ish minutes

Keep the faith!