Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

59 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd recomend you all to watch this. It's a very fair post match account by this Everton channel and it was like watching our fans talk about us for years.

It makes you so grateful for everything we now have.

Regardless of what I think about Everton, it's hard not to have empathy for what they are going through.

Have a lot of empathy for any set of fans when they’re in decline and facing a relegation. Especially if they’re used to just PL year after year. 

Obvs they have plenty of dickheads in the fanbase like everyone does. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I'd recomend you all to watch this. It's a very fair post match account by this Everton channel and it was like watching our fans talk about us for years.

Regardless of what I think about Everton, it's hard not to have empathy for what they are going through.

That was so familiar it was almost nostalgic.

There's certain celebrity fans that the TV cameras love to pick out, ooh look there's Prince William or Tom Hanks at Villa, there's Baddiel and/or Skinner, there's Bob Mortimer at Boro, oh there's Noel Gallagher in the crowd, same as every Man City game.

I feel like I don't see any of these people on screen at football as often as I see Paully. :lol:

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

There's certain celebrity fans that the TV cameras love to pick out, ooh look there's Prince William or Tom Hanks at Villa, there's Baddiel and/or Skinner, there's Bob Mortimer at Boro, oh there's Noel Gallagher in the crowd, same as every Man City game.

I feel like I don't see any of these people on screen at football as often as I see Paully. :lol:

Usually looking mortal. :lol:  (I do enjoy his former player photo's as well, Ryan Taylor, Dwight Gayle)

10 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Post match hearing him go on about the same things we were saying 2-3 years ago was stark, like. Messaged me after

"Chucking the ST next season. I've had it since I was 6 but what's the point? A board who doesn't care and clearly resents the fans with a shit team on the pitch scrapping to stay up, only to do the exact same thing next season if they manage it. Only thing is we won't stay up this time and I can't be arsed with forking out the same amount of money to watch us struggle against Plymouth on a Tuesday night."

Stuck with me, like. :lol:

Tiny violin tbh

They’ve not been through half the shite we have 

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Tiny violin tbh

They’ve not been through half the shite we have 

Not yet, but fucking hell their future is looking bleak man. Whether they stay up this year or not, it's really not looking good for them. Even if they stay up, what have they got to look forward to at this stage? A full year of Dyche-ball with mostly the same players? Think I'd rather take my chances in the Championship and hope to come back stronger tbh. 

15 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

I still find it very telling he performs well for England but has these breakdowns at club level. 

He gets way too invested in things when in reality your goalkeeper needs to be level headed. That save from Willock shows he has good reflexes, but as long as he's trying to kick every ball against us he'll struggle. 

I'm surprised (but delighted) that NUFC TV (i.e., the club itself) has a match cam showing so many interesting hand gestures in the crowd. There are multiple crowd shots taken at interesting timing.

I would normally expect them to be edited out by corporate sanitisation. That video actually celebrates them.

On 28/04/2023 at 20:55, STM said:

You can piss off posting stuff that makes me sympathise with and like Everton fans mind.