Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton (30/04/2023)

BlueStar

I wish we could play another half hour.

We're so much fun to watch when we have a lead and are just picking teams off when they're caught between trying to push forward and get themselves back in the game and accepting the reality that they're absolutely fucked and should just sit back and try to not concede any more goals.

Just now, David Edgar said:

Taking Gordon off for Wilson won us the game.  Howe did very well to recover with that swap.  Wilson has been superb.

We've had poor games with that starting 11 twice now.  Probably enough to say it shouldn't be tried again.

Total lack of intensity both times we’ve tried it  is probably not a coincidence

7 minutes ago, Displayname said:

I love Isak, but Wilson needs to be the starting every game unless he needs rest. Isak is awesome from the wing aswell anyways.

There's a part of me that wishes Eddie would pair them like he did Josh king and Callum Wilson at Bournemouth. However, I think the current approach keeps Wilson fresher and fitter.

If we do decide to play them together then we will need another number 9 type similar to Wilson to cover him going forward as he will start getting injured again.

Goign to be interesting to see what decision is made on this and how it affects the summer recruitment.

Just now, KaKa said:

There's a part of me that wishes Eddie would pair them like he did Josh king and Callum Wilson at Bournemouth. However, I think the current approach keeps Wilson fresher and fitter.

If we do decide to play them together then we will need another number 9 type similar to Wilson to cover him going forward as he will start getting injured again.

Goign to be interesting to see what decision is made on this and how it affects the summer recruitment.

Gives us more option to change as well.