Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm honestly surprised the Premier League hasn't forced the issue. It's a valid complaint for away fans and if Newcastle fans got stuck at the top of Old Trafford or the Emirates there would surely be complaints.

Stupid rule. Look at the away section at Barcelona, or Real Madrid, or Bayern Munich or umpteen other European venues where away fans have to watch from behind netting or a perspex screen. We'll be sampling that next season without a care in the world!

Away fans don't know how lucky they've got it here, unless you are unlucky enough to be in the away end at Goodison.

2 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Honestly think we'll do them, despite all the improvements they've made there's still that element to them that saw them crumble up here last season. 

Agree, expecting a comfortable home win to be honest.

Don’t think there’s any world where it’s a comfortable win but I do think we are favourites. Think it will be a match that swings a fair amount with multiple goals for both sides 

Just now, gbandit said:

Don’t think there’s any world where it’s a comfortable win but I do think we are favourites. Think it will be a match that swings a fair amount with multiple goals for both sides 

Just feels like Man United and Spurs at home sort of game , said the same before them games it would be comfortable. Said Southampton would be more of a struggle and it was especially in the first half . Sometimes you just get a feeling for how the game will go and I can see us running Arsenal out of town on Sunday .

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Just feels like Man United and Spurs at home sort of game , said the same before them games it would be comfortable. Said Southampton would be more of a struggle and it was especially in the first half . Sometimes you just get a feeling for how the game will go and I can see us running Arsenal out of town on Sunday .

:indi:

A loss will be disheartening.. no doubt... but I've got full confidence we'll carry on doing what's needed over the last few games. 

Massive game because a win will all but cement top 4, but if not, we'll do it in the remaining games. 

Fuck me this is mad. 

We didn’t have much off the bench the last time we played them.. honestly think we’re way stronger now.

Playing at home could be all the difference this time as well. Am not massively confident but I think they’ll be coming here not to lose so it will be tight.

A draw is no good to Arsenal, surely?

Even if they win their last four they're very unlikely to catch City but draws are certainly not going to get it done.

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

I'm starting to enter "i dont want this season to end" territory. 

:lol: Been there a few weeks, honestly. Gonna be gutted when it's over.

4 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Arsenal are far better than both of them. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: Been there a few weeks, honestly. Gonna be gutted when it's over.

At least our off seasons are fun now. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some business done early too, now that we are a professional club and all that.

The sheer fact we aren't expecting to fight relegation is something to love . 

Missing this game as I'm moving house but this will be a classic I suspect.

3 hours ago, Miercoles said:

At least our off seasons are fun now. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some business done early too, now that we are a professional club and all that.

Wad thinking that myself yesterday. I'm sure Ashworth will have a couple of deals lined up including tying Bruno down to a new improved offer.